32 Buds Issues

JJMcK1

Well, we picked up our leftover 2013 model 32 BUDS in May, just in time for the summer bluegrass festival season. We used the unit at festivals in NY, Pennsylvania, and NJ. I love the layout, and the way it tows. Tomorrow I'll be dropping it off for warranty issues. While towing in the rain, the kitchen window leaked. The outside shower faucet switch came apart in my hand, the entry door latch is missing a screw, the front outside light is not working, the molding over the couch is coming loose, and yes, I have the famous 32BUDS bedroom door issues. The passenger side guide on the bottom came off, and the drivers side door has one of the hangers broken off. The plastic strap on both came loose during towing. The rear electric stabilizer stopped working in August. I found what looked like a bearing o the ground. So, tomorrow we'll see about Heartland standing behind their products.

dhcolesj

Great, picking up our 32BUDS in 2 weeks. All these issues have me worried I might need to rethink this. I was under the impression most of these issues have been fixed by now. Heartland, what's up? Keep us up to date. The bedroom doors are a known issue, but the faucet, lights, missing hardware, and Stabilizers have me concerned.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Great, picking up our 32BUDS in 2 weeks. All these issues have me worried I might need to rethink this. I was under the impression most of these issues have been fixed by now. Heartland, what's up? Keep us up to date.
The OP is picked up a leftover 2013, not a new 2014 such as yours.

So, tomorrow we'll see about Heartland standing behind their products.
Keep in mind that your dealer will be making the repairs, not Heartland.

Peace
Dave

Lynn1130

I am not familiar with "left over". Does that mean that it is one of last years models that was still on the lot?

Were you not offered a walk-through to note and correct issues such as missing screws, lights not working, loose moldings etc?

There will be unseen issues that pop up on the first few runs. That is normal. You should have seen the punch list on this house when we bought it new. It happens. Sorry to say, but it sounds as if the dealer failed to detail the trailer before putting it up for sale and then failed to meet the obligations of an inspection before delivery. If I am wrong, let us know.

I don't think you have to worry about Heartland fixing warranty items but I would be worried about the dealer that failed on the details of delivery.

JJMcK1

Yup, leftover means just that. I did a walkthrough, and nothing on my list was an issue at the time. I'm not worried. I'm sure everything will be taken care of. At work,I've seen punchlists as long as your arm. It's all a part of buying something new. I expected to have some bumps in the road at first. Don't get me wrong. We love our unit, and plan on having it for a long time. There was nothing really major, that I couldn't have fixed myself, but I won't. That's what the warranty is for.

berky

... and the drivers side door has one of the hangers broken off.
I've seen this problem noted on other North Trail models, and I've had the problem myself. I would find the door dangling from one hanger, even after trips as short as the 8 miles from storage to the house. I finally figured it out: There's a white nylon clip that holds the two segments of the hanger assembly together. That clip wasn't tight enough until I clamped down on it with a Channel-Lock pliers. No problems in the last 1,000 miles or so.

dhcolesj

could you post a pick of that clip? I'll work that over before we start our first trip and make sure we don't see that issue. :D

JJMcK1

I got a call this afternoon from my dealer. All items on the list are fixed, and my unit is ready to be picked up. Thank you Heartland RV, and Harold's RV, Bath Pennsylvania.

dhcolesj

They have fixed the bedroom door issue.
3161.jpg

We picked up our 32BUDS on the 19th. so far only one oddity with the hot water heater. I'll post more pics when we get home.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Fiend v1.0.

travis_g

I had a similar issue with the bathroom door on my RW 415. Took a few tries and a couple of screws to jam the hanger in there so it couldn't come out. 6 months and several trips and it's still hanging in there.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk