3250ts ac

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray, I have done the modifications in this forum and it did help with the air flow. I set my thermostat at 77 degrees and leave the unit on day and night and like I said earlier when the outside temp reached 85 to 86 degrees it was 82 degrees in the trailer. This is with the doors and windows shut and the blinds adjusted to limit the sun. As for "my" dealer I am still waiting for them to call me back after leaving them messages many weeks ago. I took it to another Heartland dealer who charged me to say it is working fine. If their service manager had to stay in my unit I bet they would find a problem. I just find it frustrating that with the investment we made we cannot be comfortable. One last thing, when the air is running should the floor vibrate? I don't think so but so far I am being told that I don't know what I am talking about. Thanks for listening.
Garry, A couple questions. Can you feel decent or good air flow coming out of the last vents in the runs? Both bedroom and Living room vents? Is it cold or very cool air? I can't remember for sure but I think the temperature of the air coming out of our vents was around 38 to 40 degrees. I'm not in the rig right now or I'd verify that. As soon as I get a chance, I will.
It certainly sounds as if there's more to your problem than air flow but I can't be much help from here.

waterboy1

Ray, with the mod's I did, we do have good air flow at the ends. The AC ducts are actually part of the molded styrofoam roof. At the end vents I took 2" aluminum tape to keep the air from going past the vents. I also used this tape to seal any leaks between the inlet and outlet side of the ac unit. Last weekend when it got to 86 outside, the unit had been running non stop for 3-4 hours and the air at the end vents was only a little cooler than the ambient air. Not what your seeing. The best it could do was 82 degrees inside.
Thanks

waterboy1

I have another question, I just washed my roof again and I have terrible staining coming from the AC unit. Is this normal? It looks like something is or has leaked out of it. I don't remember this happening on my older units.
Thanks in advance.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Mine does the same thing. I have come to the conclusion it will not come off and quit trying. I wash the roof and what comes off, comes off and what doesn't come off doesn't.

DanDargay

DanDargay
I have the same cooling problem with our 3250TS and plan to do the mods as outlined for the duct work. However, has anyone checked out the heat from the large rear window on thes units. The heat is incredible and goes right into the trailer. I plan on covering the back window the silver insulation material available in a roll @ Lowes or Home Depot. I'm sure this will reduce cooling requirements in very hot weather.