3670 in Walmart Parking Lot

jgoddardg

We are pulling our 3670 from northern WV to Louisville this week and plan to spend a night enroute in a Walmart parking lot. Other than putting water in the fresh water tank, what precautions should we follow? Can I extend any of the slides with the 3670 still hooked to the truck, if the unit is reasonably level? Anything specifically I should not do? Just hoping to use good judgment and get input from those of you who do this on a fairly regular basis.

osims

bsims
We have slept on the wal mart parking lot a night or two, i have gone in and ask the manager if it's all right and never been denied.
Bill

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
jgoddardg, if I know where we are going to stop, I look up the number for the store on the Walmart web site and call to check if it will be ok. There may be local ordinances that do not allow overnight parking. Also do not pull out the lawn chairs, awning and barbie as though you are setting up camp. Sometimes I extend one slide. Have fun in Louisville.

Peace
Dave

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Normally when we stay at Walmart which we do regularly the only slide we put out is the bedroom. Sometimes depending not even that. I agree with cookie you do not want to setup camp.
WE have a Wilmar atlas which lists all the exits where there are Wilmar's on interstates.
enjoy
Wayne

RVerFulltime

Fulltiming Since 2004
Rules are changing!

Grand Junction, CO was always a "NO-NO" staying at the Wal-Mart because of City Ord. Now, the City Ord is still there but no longer in forced. We guess the Police have better things to do.

This means that we should always call ahead because rules change all the time. Looking at old posts on the internet is NOT as good as calling to find out if it is okay to stay overnight.:)

geeksrus

When we 'Wally-dock' we try to park with the door side abut to the end of the lot so we can extend our main slide with out encroaching on more parking space. This gives us better room if we need to use our living area.

Other than that, we make sure that we ask the stores for permission.

Eh!