3685RL accessibility with the slides in

Cgxterra

Hello. DW noticed on the floorplan of the 3685RL that the slide will most likely block the steps going up to the bathroom when the slides are in. Can anyone confirm that? One of the best things about our current bumper pull TT is the benefit of having your own bathroom right behind you. I guess we could just extend the slides at a rest stop or something when we're on the road but that seems like it might be kind of a pain.
Thanks!
Ed & Jess

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Ed & Jess. Welcome to the forum. Lots of good information available here.
Looking at the floorplan on the HeartlandRVs web site I see that the pantry door next to the stairs is on an angle.
It looks like it was designed that way to allow access to the stairs when the slide is in.
Hopefully someone with that floorplan will chime in and confirm that.
When you purchase your new 3685RL be sure to check out the Heartland Owners Club. In is now available as a free one year introductory membership.
The North American Heartland Rally will be in VA this year at Urbanna. Right in your neighborhood.

Peace
Dave

tcfake613

You could be right, Dave. That would be great of it is that way.

The 3685RL bathroom is completely accessible with all slides in. You can get to the fridge, the closet inside the entry door, the pantry, and the bathroom. You can also easily slide the bedroom slide out if you want to access the entire bedroom. This is true for a 2012 and I don't believe much has changed.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
The 3685RL bathroom is completely accessible with all slides in. You can get to the fridge, the closet inside the entry door, the pantry, and the bathroom. You can also easily slide the bedroom slide out if you want to access the entire bedroom. This is true for a 2012 and I don't believe much has changed.

Ditto for our 2013! I prefer to use our own facilities on the road so this was a must for us! The refer has complete access with the double doors.

Cgxterra

Thanks for the replies all. The prospect of having to open the slides to hit yet bathroom was a real bummer. We're looking at a 2014 but it doesn't look like the floorplan has changed a lot.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
One of the things that drew us to our Heartland Trail Runner was the fact that it is fully usable and functional with the slide out in.

While it is a little tight to get through the bathroom door from the living room . . . that is the only real issue when the slide out isn't slid out.

This was important to us as we use the trailer in our yard frequently, but the slide out can only be opened about halfway where it is parked.

Our neighbors just bought a 2014 Heartland North Trail after seeing ours, and like us, they can't put the slide out where it is parked.

One thing they hadn't noticed until he was showing me the inside of it a couple of weeks ago was that the only way you can see the living room TV is when the front slide is out . . . otherwise the TV is behind the slide when it is in!

Our living room TV is opposite of the slide out, and the kitchen is on the rear wall, which makes that whole area completely usable regardless of whether the slide is in or out.

The kitchen drawers are behind the slide when it is in, but can be opened and accessed, so this is not a problem.

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg Campout2012Kitchen-PC270045.jpg

Anywayz . . . that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :cool:

Thedonald

HI
I have a BH 3685 . With the slides in you can access the refrigerator, bathroom, pantry and front closet/washer/dryer. You cannot access the bedroom. Hope this helps.