3970RD Stovetop area

Hello, we are going to buy a 3970RD next year, but I have some reservations about the lack of workspace around the stovetop. I would love to hear from current 3970RD owners about their experiences.

Thank you!

danemayer

Hi MIKENLINDA,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. I'm sure you'll get some feedback shortly on workspace.

Pizzaguy

We have had our 3970 since March, and have not had an issue with space around stove top. There is the additional space of the center island and the front counter. We do grill and cook outside a lot also. What is really nice is the extra seating when entertaining on days you can't be outside. The only downside we have come across is going from bedroom to bathroom at night. You have to be careful you don't fall down the steps as door opens toward bedroom and too many adult beverages can make it tricky!

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
Hello, we are going to buy a 3970RD next year, but I have some reservations about the lack of workspace around the stovetop. I would love to hear from current 3970RD owners about their experiences.

Thank you!

We have had our 3970RD for 1 1/2 years. I, like you, was worried about the stove space. I have found it not to be an issue. I use a nuwave induction cooktop for most cooking. The island provides the rest of cooking space. I do like to grill and cook outside, but love the convection oven and instant pot.

We did switch our bathroom door to the other side so it opens toward the living area. We like it much better. ;)

Another mod we made was to take one couch out and my husband built a desk. That's my favorite spot.

Hope this helps!

Maxx

We have lived full time in ours for a year, no issues with the cooking space. We love our trailer. I did notice a 2018 variation had a window behind stove area which I wish we had. Good points about the bathroom door. I am taking out the dinette which we never use and creating a business desk area where when seated you look out all the windows of the slide. Take care to note the cool 3 slot led lights bordering all the wooden of slides (we call it movie theater lights), the translucent white lenses tend to fall out in transit (1/2 of ours have) and slide down behind the trim. They were only vaguely glued into place. I pulled the trim and reset them as they should have been with solid attachment. But you have to be super careful to not mar the trim boards.