3rd AC Unit

jbeletti

Greg and Rita (Racerguy),

This topic (3rd AC/Thermopanes) has evolved to debate/discussion. Questions were asked and answers were given. I respectfully ask that further debate on the matter be done outside of the Ask the Factory forum please.

As a suggestion, the "Landmark - Appliances" forum for the 3rd AC discussion and the "Landmark - Exterior" forum for the Windows discussion.

Thanks,

Jim

Scott

Forums are Great

I love forums! You just have to have thick skin and a sense of humor. I kind of like it when one person says of one of my comments, "You couldn't have said it any better..." and then another says, "that's a bunch of crap.."

You gotta love it. Really.

You're alright Racergu.

We just can't build every coach with the same specs across the country - that's why we have OPTIONS. Really, if you want to hit somebody up on this subject it would be the dealer. Why in the world wouldn't he order his coaches with dual panes in that kind of heat? I think that's the real question.

ST

Racerguy

Thanks for looking into replacement of the windows. I for one will ask that question to my dealer when I get back to Vegas. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my Landmark! Your support is appreciated but the midwest thing just struck me wrong. Oh well new day!
:) Thanks Scott for the replys.

elwaller39

Evans & Lana
It would seem to me that a 3rd air conditioner is a bet of over kill. Your air ducts well be fighting each other for air to blow out. I would think if you need 3 air conditioners you will have to let the air blow out the quick chill only. Maybe you are haveing problems with the air ducks not sealed well or you are haveing air leaks in your slide out. I would all so think with 3 air conditioners running at the same time there would be alot of noise in your coach. Evans & Lana

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
I hate to beat this subject to death, but I ordered my Bighorn 3655RD with dual pane windows and never once ran the air conditioning during our ten weeks in Florida during January-March.

We do not stay in the coach much during the day, but even when it was extremely warm, leaving the Fantastic Vent on while we were gone pretty much took care of our problems.

However, I realize that Florida in the winter months is not Arizona in the summer. I do believe though that dual panes are the only way to go if you have not yet purchased your rig.

Wintair portable a/c

Look into a portable a/c sold by Lowes & Home Depot.
I have one & for about $250. you can cool a couple of rooms real well.They run on 110.
Just an option, and alot cheaper than adding a unit.
The one I have is a Wintair, check them out on the internet.
Good Luck

Racerguy

We just saw one at Lowes this past weekend. I'll let all know if this does the trick. Maybe then it will put this horse to bed!