3x 12volt RV batteries -v- 6v batts

BruteForce

So my rig today has 2x 12volt RV style batteries. During winter months, when just running on battery, I can get about 6-7 hours of furnace run-time before the batts run out.. then I have to get up early in the morning to connect my truck (pigtail) to the 5'er, start the truck up and trickle charge the batts; this process usually takes less than 5 minutes, then I can start the generator.

My RW395 didn't come with a converter, solar or anything else. I have 2x batts and the generator. To get more run-time, would adding a 3rd 12v batt help, before going through the 4k spend on a converter and even more to add solar?

lwmcguir

So my rig today has 2x 12volt RV style batteries. During winter months, when just running on battery, I can get about 6-7 hours of furnace run-time before the batts run out.. then I have to get up early in the morning to connect my truck (pigtail) to the 5'er, start the truck up and trickle charge the batts; this process usually takes less than 5 minutes, then I can start the generator.

My RW395 didn't come with a converter, solar or anything else. I have 2x batts and the generator. To get more run-time, would adding a 3rd 12v batt help, before going through the 4k spend on a converter and even more to add solar?
We used to run3 12's back when we needed it. Works great. When you are running batteries parallel instead of series the weaker battery don't hurt you. That is why back in the 70's all the tractor builders switched from two 6 volt's to two 12 volt batteries. Been a great improvement and they never went back. This is contrary to what you might here from some folks.