4100 vs. 4200??

scottyb

We got to see some friends 4200 this weekend and all I can say is WOW!. The side patio is amazing and having a shower in the garage bath would be huge for people with kids. I was surprised at how much the side patio opened up the living room.

The garage is smaller, and you lose the magnificent master bath of the 4100 with the door to the BR. DW also noticed less counter top space but more overall cabinet space with the long row of overhead cabinets. They also have the residential fridge, 3rd AC, and 6pt level-up.

When we chose the 4100, it was the only toyhauler on the market with a king bed. I'm afraid the choice would have been much more difficult now with these two and the 4000. They are all great floor plans, just different, You just have to decide what is important for you. If I had my choice, I would take the 4100 bath and garage, the 4000 kitchen, and the 4200 side patio.

Attachments

• IMAG0038.jpg
    IMAG0038.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 97

hp2guy

We were faced with the same dilemmas. We also looked at the new Keystone that has a side patio on the right hand side of the garage. They seem to have a slightly better answer for the slides & they have a small door between the bed & bath w/ a dual sink. We looked at 2 Keystones a Road Warrior, then went down the road a piece & took another tour of a 4200 & a 4100 & sealed the deal on a 2015 4100. Something about the build quality, the 'system' for the frame/suspension/levelling, the larger garage put us over the top on the 4100.
Now all's I've gotta do is get Dodge to give me a ship date on the new dually 5500.
We were told that they have just started offering the 23 cu ft residential fridge on the 4100, likely 14 to 15 weeks out.

Snaredrum

Went into a 4200 and 4100 and bought the 4100 King because I really wouldnt have any use for the side patio. Had the back patio down last weekend and didnt use that one either. When camping, I like sitting at the bonfire in the evening and this cant be done from the patio. I liked the idea of the kitchen slide as well. Not to mention not a huge fan of the silver hinges for the patio the side of the hauler looks kind of funny when closed up. Just depends on what your needs are. Both great units.

4100 is awesome! I was parked next to a 4200 last October. The campsites were pretty narrow and the 4200 could not lower the side patio. the 4100 is long and you can still use the patio in a narrow site

jimtoo

Hi hamangum,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit when you get it.

Jim M

BLHFUN

4100 is awesome! I was parked next to a 4200 last October. The campsites were pretty narrow and the 4200 could not lower the side patio. the 4100 is long and you can still use the patio in a narrow site

man, If you can't put down the patio, you also can't use your awnings. I can't even imagine being parked within 6 feet of my neighbor. That just too close at a "campsite". Either way, both 4200 and 4100 are on the Awesome list..

With so many REALLY nice Cyclones out there it does make choosing difficult, scottyb. I fell in love with the 4100............until I saw the 2 patios on the 4200. After seeing the side patio I was sold, as was my husband. He actually wanted a Motorhome........until I showed him pics of the Cyclone 4200 (lol). Most times it will be just hubby and me so plenty of room in bathroom for us as well as ample living space; however there will be times when one or both of our sons (and respective families) will travel to be with us while camping. The extra living space (garage) with FULL bath/shower hooked us (4200) as this gives a whole separate place for our son, wife and 2 young grandchildren to 'live' w/out having to use the main shower/bath tub. If our eldest son and his wife camp with us then same set-up, they have their own full bathroom.

When traveling to some places in Florida I KNOW we won't be able to use our side patio due to the cramped camping but we always have the back patio in such cases. We LOVE sitting round a campfire for hours on end so we plan to purchase a good size fire pit so we can enjoy the fire nearby but at a safe distance. Fire rings at campsites might not be located on the same side that our patio is so having our own will allow us the enjoyment of a fire even if it is a bit further away from us than if we were on the ground. One more thought on the patio, WOW with the rain AK and OK have had these past 3 weeks we were SO glad we had the side patio while camping at Maumelle Campgrounds right next to the Arkansas river. The ground was so saturated that we all sunk into the ground as we walked but being outdoors was great with the side patio. It kept us off the saturated ground AND gave us a FABULOUS place to view of the roaring river, the geese and ducks paddling about in the river and we even had our shoes off.....no wet feet :)

Like you stated, one must decide what is important for their family size and needs. With just the two of us we don't mind losing the small kitchen slide (4100) to gain the patio, especially since the floor-plan of the 4200 kitchen is more open (sink/counter top not in the middle of the kitchen floor area as with the 4100). W/out the kitchen slide the kitchen area is a bit smaller but does not appear to sacrifice much due to the open layout. There were 8 adults at Maumelle for dinner and visiting (some on side patio and some in living room) and with sliding screen door we all could visit regardless of being outside or inside. I liked that I could talk to everyone while cooking, with only the back patio I would have been pretty much to myself while all others would have been in garage sitting area and out on back patio visiting :(

I LOVE OUR Cyclone, WE LOVE OUR Cyclone. We haven't used everything (TVs and DVD) and it is still so very new as we have only had it 2.5 months. Sadly after purchase we had to fly to Utah for a few weeks so we didn't even get to camp in it b/4 leaving OK. We don't have gas operated toys (just Kayaks and bicycles) so the smaller 12' garage vs. the 14' garage (4114 Cyclone) was a good trade-off in order to get the full bathroom for our grandchildren; even if we go for gas operated toys later we still have room for them as well.

OEFVET

Every campground I have been at people are amazed by the side patio. I spend a lot of time on it watching movies and smoking cigars. It is a feature I have grown to love and would never be without. As you said, being off the ground in wet conditions is awesome. Two weeks ago I was watching a movie on the side patio around 2030hrs when it suddenly started to rain very heavy. Everyone else in the campground scrambled to get under cover. I didn't move because my awning was already out and I continued to watch the movie. That was a priceless moment. We love our 4200 and would never give up the side patio.

BLHFUN

Every campground I have been at people are amazed by the side patio. I spend a lot of time on it watching movies and smoking cigars. It is a feature I have grown to love and would never be without. As you said, being off the ground in wet conditions is awesome. Two weeks ago I was watching a movie on the side patio around 2030hrs when it suddenly started to rain very heavy. Everyone else in the campground scrambled to get under cover. I didn't move because my awning was already out and I continued to watch the movie. That was a priceless moment. We love our 4200 and would never give up the side patio.

Rained for 3 hours Friday. Never put the wine glass down while watching TV on the porch. We are the same, LOVE the side patio!

It's hard not to, it gives us the option of planting our bottoms wherever the best view can be had--back or side of RV. For us when we were camping at a riverfront spot at Maumelle Campgrounds in Arkansas that was the side patio. We viewed fantastic sunrises and wonderful sunsets and continued sitting on it way past dark. Soaked in all the sounds of nature and enjoyed the lighting that the Cyclone has on its decks/canopies. It also rained on us, about 3 days out of the 5 but we didn't mind at all. Looking forward to taking it out again.