420 Entertainment Center

Rhyph

Howdy,

We just recently purchased a 2016 Road Warrior 420. So far everything has been great with it. We are trying to figure out the living room area TV set-up; specifically cable routing. The TV is mounted high, and to it's left are all of it's hook-up ports, jacks, etc. There is a off-air coax TV antenna hookup, that is hooked up to the TV. There is what I presume to be a empty coax connector for satellite. We do have a satellite dish installed, it's looped through via the UDC, 1st receiver is supposed to go in the bedroom closet, and does work. What we're trying to figure out, before I go pulling the TV down, is where do you route coax from the satellite jack down in to the cabinet where the bluray player sits? I can only assume that is the intent for placement of a receiver, but can't figure our without pulling everything apart what my path will be. Has anyone else already been through this and can verify that I do have to pull down the TV?

It also looks like I might have to pull the face trim off the cabinet (w/door) to access the upper speaker "compartment" to get through it? It appears to be affixed with 4 screws that have wood plugs concealing them. There's multiple shelves/dividers within that I will have to pass through, some already have cables going through holes for the speakers, etc for the sounds system.

Here's the best picture I could find, and I labeled the various locations of things. I drew in red lines indicating the approximate location of the dividers/shelves I will have to pass through. The upper most is what I imagine might be at the top of the speaker compartment, but I can't figure out how else to expose it. I mostly just want to verify what I have ahead of myself or what to expect if/when I have to pull down the TV and/or that trim. :rolleyes:

TVHookUps.jpg

Thanks for any insight anyone might have.

Last edited by a moderator:

wiredog

Howdy,

We just recently purchased a 2016 Road Warrior 420. So far everything has been great with it. We are trying to figure out the living room area TV set-up; specifically cable routing. The TV is mounted high, and to it's left are all of it's hook-up ports, jacks, etc. There is a off-air coax TV antenna hookup, that is hooked up to the TV. There is what I presume to be a empty coax connector for satellite. We do have a satellite dish installed, it's looped through via the UDC, 1st receiver is supposed to go in the bedroom closet, and does work. What we're trying to figure out, before I go pulling the TV down, is where do you route coax from the satellite jack down in to the cabinet where the bluray player sits? I can only assume that is the intent for placement of a receiver, but can't figure our without pulling everything apart what my path will be. Has anyone else already been through this and can verify that I do have to pull down the TV?

It also looks like I might have to pull the face trim off the cabinet (w/door) to access the upper speaker "compartment" to get through it? It appears to be affixed with 4 screws that have wood plugs concealing them. There's multiple shelves/dividers within that I will have to pass through, some already have cables going through holes for the speakers, etc for the sounds system.

Here's the best picture I could find, and I labeled the various locations of things. I drew in red lines indicating the approximate location of the dividers/shelves I will have to pass through. The upper most is what I imagine might be at the top of the speaker compartment, but I can't figure out how else to expose it. I mostly just want to verify what I have ahead of myself or what to expect if/when I have to pull down the TV and/or that trim. :rolleyes:

View attachment 43480

Thanks for any insight anyone might have.

That "speaker" area is where the wiring lies, you need access in here, not sure why it wasn't left accessible. I cut this screen out and plan to put an accessible cover back. Since the coax terminates in the plate behind the tv and we needed it in the shelf area for the receiver we taped a hdmi cable to it and pulled it down. Now we have it wired up to use. Check your coax connections, most of mine were shorted meaning the shield was twisted around the copper, really sloppy work. Your probably going to need a ac splitter since its only a duplex outlet in that area.

Rhyph

Just a follow-up on this since I totally forgot. Almost right after I posted this inquiry, we did find that if you pop the 4 wood screw head plugs out, and remove those screws, the entire door frame assembly very easily comes off. This exposes that entire top, hidden speak grill area and sure enough everything was in there. We also had to re-work every coax connection, and this is also where we had to fix the issue we had with the inadequate splitter in the satellite line.

I'll be going back in there soon to replace that entire blu ray / speaker set-up with a real receiver/processor, better blu ray player and might throw in a "cheap" set of Bose Acoustimass speakers and sub. I'll probably stick the center channel in the speaker cavity on it's side and mount the left and right channels to the exterior of the cabinet.