4200 A/C question

jam20ster

I know that ac's have been discussed several times on this forum, but is anyone having a hard time getting there Rv's ac's to go through cycles/cool off? My ac units are putting out cold air and I have not done the ac mod yet (plan on doing that once I get back from current trip). My issue is the ac units are not able to cycle. They just stay on all day. At night the bedroom ac will go through cycles but even then it runs most the night also. Maybe this is a common occurrence, not sure. What are other people's experience?

My garage ac I have yet to hear it go through a cycle. Stays on 24/7 as far as I can tell. I do have 2 Great Danes in the back that do put off some heat.

It almost seems that the ac's just are having a hard time cooling the rv off.

The outside temp is 90 degrees and I have garage ac set to 75 and main ac set to 72.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
It has been our experience that the ACs in the 5er will run constantly and not cycle when the temps are in the 70s. We keep our thermostat set on 74 degrees. You cannot keep the thermostat any lower and have any hope of it cycling at all. At night it will cycle most of the time as long as the nightime temps get below 82. I have been told by several AC repair people that if you AC is cooling 20 degrees or more lower than the outside temps it is doing the best it can Also if you take a reading of the air coming out of the vent it should be about 20 degrees lower than the room temp.