5.7 shurflo water pump

wolfrat1

hello. i'm looking a 2013 landmark. it has the shurflo water pump. i'm not exactly sure what its function is, but have read that many rv'ers are having to serious problems with it. does anyone know if this pump can be replaced with something better or is this a standard pump?

thanks...

Wharton

After replacing ours 3 times we bought a Flojet at Camping World. The water pump pumps the water from the tank to your system when you aren't hooked up to city water.

wdk450

I don't think there are any Heartland factory options on brand of fresh water pump. If the deal is important enough to your dealer, he should be able to get you the Flojet (or whatever you want), and throw that with installation into your deal.

I think a more important issue for new owners is the quality of tires on the new rig. Think the basic suspension, tires, pinbox, brakes, upgrades first and then the "house" systems stuff upgrades.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We upgraded to a Flojet on our North Trail.... then traded it for the ElkRidge. I think we did one trip and then switched that pump ASAP for another Flojet! It's an easy change. We have the old one as backup, in case the Flojet fails unexpectedly and we need a pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marvmarcy

Shurflo discontinued the variable speed 5.7 about a year ago because it had many problems. I went through four in a year in my 2012 Landmark. All were replaced under warranty. Shurlo finally sent me a new water pump (model 4016 if I remember correctly). It has worked well for quite some time. Are you sure the pump in the 2013 Landmark is a 5.7, or is it the new 4.0? If it is a 5.7, I would demand it be replaced with something better.

wolfrat1

Thank you for the info. In the unit description it says the 5.7 pump. I'll ask my dealer for sure. Would this be something they would change out or is there an out of pocket expense?

danemayer

Thank you for the info. In the unit description it says the 5.7 pump. I'll ask my dealer for sure. Would this be something they would change out or is there an out of pocket expense?
Changes in a list can lag the actual production change. Best thing to do is open the basement wall near the UDC and look at the pump to see what you actually have.

dave10a

My, 5.7, failed after 6 months on very limited use. Heartland gave me another model of pump, 40xx?, under warranty. It failed after it was installed because it was out of adjustment. I looked like Heartland sent as a warranty return from someone else because it had water in it like it was previously installed and it was in a non-vender box. After I adjusted it for proper pressure, it seems to work ok. I am a little put out that Heartland was "cheeping out" on this warranty adjustment.

danemayer

I am a little put out that Heartland was "cheeping out" on this warranty adjustment.

Well Dave, I suppose that's one possible explanation. Or maybe they took one off a new trailer that had been sidelined for some other reason, so that you wouldn't have to wait for them to get a pump from Shurflo.

dave10a

Well Dave, I suppose that's one possible explanation. Or maybe they took one off a new trailer that had been sidelined for some other reason, so that you wouldn't have to wait for them to get a pump from Shurflo.
I guess anything is possible, but if it was new it should have worked when I installed it rather than requiring significant adjustment. Either Heartland cheeped out or Shurflo ships stuff that does not work out of the box.

ParkIt

Seems the two Shurflo's I had needed adjustment on install. I depends on the water lines and use, they could have been adjusted at the factory which is generic and low for a Landmark.

dave10a

Seems the two Shurflo's I had needed adjustment on install. I depends on the water lines and use, they could have been adjusted at the factory which is generic and low for a Landmark.
I hate to beat a dead horse, but how does water pressure adjustment "depend on the water lines and use"--- ?? The preset factory adjustment should work for any water as long as it can with stand the pressure. I still think Heartland sent me a warranty return that some one else sent to them. I wonder what they will do with the pump I sent back to them. Mine worked, but it kept cycling every few minutes when the water faucets were off and I had no leaks. The new pump proved no problem with my lines. I still think Heartland cheeped out by not sending a new pump as a warranty replacement. I sure that many on this forum will defend Heartland to no end-- ever to a point of irrationality :confused:

jimtoo

I have never seen any warranty that did not state that repairs may be done with, or replacements parts may be new or used or reconditioned. It is a standard from BB guns to a Lexus car. Including RV's from the smallest to the biggest.

ParkIt

I hate to beat a dead horse, but how does water pressure adjustment "depend on the water lines and use"--- ?? The preset factory adjustment should work for any water as long as it can with stand the pressure. I still think Heartland sent me a warranty return that some one else sent to them. I wonder what they will do with the pump I sent back to them. Mine worked, but it kept cycling every few minutes when the water faucets were off and I had no leaks. The new pump proved no problem with my lines. I still think Heartland cheeped out by not sending a new pump as a warranty replacement. I sure that many on this forum will defend Heartland to no end-- ever to a point of irrationality :confused:
You wouldn't believe what owners do to their units by not paying attention like installing too large a pump or too small for their unit and use. If you are on full hook-ups using the ground facility for showers and laundry the pump can be set too high, if you are on hook-ups using everything the draw would be too low over working the pump so its set for a general use so to speak. No one can know how you use your pump so they go with the most often use based on customer feedback. As you even said "as long as it can withstand the pressure" and that is another problem as some campers don't use a regulator and all campgrounds never have the same water pressure. As long as the replacement works its also under warranty, good thing that got solved.

I have never seen any warranty that did not state that repairs may be done with, or replacements parts may be new or used or reconditioned. It is a standard from BB guns to a Lexus car. Including RV's from the smallest to the biggest.
True Jim though I will ask first if I'm getting a new or reconditioned replacement, sometimes its just a person took it out of the box, discarded the box then realized it isn't going to work. That has to have the "reconditioned" label as per consumer guidelines. If its cheaper just because someone threw away the box I'll take that over one in a box where I may have to pay the difference or shipping.