5th wheel hitch

MIKEGELLO

Hello everyone
I’m replace my 2004 gmc short bed with a 2018 short bed. I currently do not have a slider hitch because as we know it’s not needed with my key largo. However the new truck has a factory prep kit and the internet sites for curt a20 hitches are only recommending a slider. Can anyone confirm my suspicions that I would just order the non slider for a 8 foot bed?
Thanks for any advice
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lynn1130

Is your new short bed 8'? You said 8' bed which confused me. My short bed is 6.5 feet.

I don't have and never have had a slider. I now have the Anderson hitch and I come nowhere close to the cab in turns.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My 2 cents.
Does B&W make a hitch for the truck?
If it were me I'd go with the B&W none slider. Love this hitch !!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

MIKEGELLO

Is your new short bed 8'? You said 8' bed which confused me. My short bed is 6.5 feet.

I don't have and never have had a slider. I now have the Anderson hitch and I come nowhere close to the cab in turns.

Sorry, yes it’s a 6.5 foot bed

esscobra

2017 3760el 2016 and 2018 2500 short bed- B&W non slider - no issues

Attachments

• IMG_7922.jpg
    IMG_7922.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7903.jpg
    IMG_7903.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 71
  • nasapr11.jpg
    nasapr11.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_8810.JPG
    IMG_8810.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8811.JPG
    IMG_8811.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_8812.JPG
    IMG_8812.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 66

NYSUPstater

Have had short bed trucks for past 20+ years and last 2 trucks had a non slider hitch with last/current hitch a 18k B&W Patriot rail mount. Now, long box and still use the Patriot. If you find yourself in such a tight situation w/o a slider (cab/corner of RV), simply pull ahead to straighten out. Most of todays 5er's have cut corners on front caps just for this reason.

MIKEGELLO

Have had short bed trucks for past 20+ years and last 2 trucks had a non slider hitch with last/current hitch a 18k B&W Patriot rail mount. Now, long box and still use the Patriot. If you find yourself in such a tight situation w/o a slider (cab/corner of RV), simply pull ahead to straighten out. Most of todays 5er's have cut corners on front caps just for this reason.

Thanks!

PondSkum

I found out the hard way that, although not always, I need to keep my slider in my Ram Mega Cab due to the short bed. I bumped the cab corner twice already. I have a slider, but never needed it until the first time I needed it... LOL.. The first bump I don't even know when or how it happened. Just noticed that I had a small dent on the cab corner, even with the corner of the camper. The second time, I was trying to maneuver in the cul-de-sac at the end of my street, with too many cars parked in it. I thought I had enough clearance to keep turning while backing up, but bumped the cab before I realized how close it was. If I utilize the slider, I have plenty of room and no reason to bump the cab again. So I told the DW to not let me do that again.

NHCelt

Just a note about your choice of a Curt hitch. I had a B&W before my replacing it with the Curt Q 25.

The Curt Q 25 is a great hitch and I like it better than my B$W!