5th Wheel Stabilizer

gotlieb

I've seen some posts out there about the king pin stabilizers and steadyfast systems. I apologize for a repeat post, but had some concerns specific to my situation.

I have a 2012 Greystone 29BL. Not a typical camper, tall with a loft in the back, and that's where my problem arises.

When my 8 year old is sleeping in the loft, small movements are really noticeable. To the point that it wakes us up in the front of the camper.

Our camping trips are generally short 2-3 day weekend trips so I'm looking for something that is easy to set up and take down with minimal time and effort.

Specific to my situation, which is the best way to go to minimize the shaking?

Thanks in advance!

Eddhuy

I have used and still do use the king pin stabilizer. I purchased it when I had the Prowler Titanium edition, it made a huge difference on the Prowler. Now I have a Gateway and although I get much less movement w/o the stabilizer it still helps. It is quick and easy to setup as well. I cannot compare this to other stabilizers as I have not used them but to me the steady fast systems looks like it would do a better job and once installed looks easy to setup.
http://www.steadyfast.com/?gclid=CJ-ai7XwlbcCFSjZQgodOW0A5w

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
On our last 2 coaches, we have used the JT Stabilizer from Mobile Outfitters http://www.themobileoutfitters.com/ .They work well but remember that your camper is on rubber tires which will always have movement unless you get your stabilizers right tight. Even then, there some bounce.

gotlieb

I have used and still do use the king pin stabilizer. I purchased it when I had the Prowler Titanium edition, it made a huge difference on the Prowler. Now I have a Gateway and although I get much less movement w/o the stabilizer it still helps. It is quick and easy to setup as well. I cannot compare this to other stabilizers as I have not used them but to me the steady fast systems looks like it would do a better job and once installed looks easy to setup.
http://www.steadyfast.com/?gclid=CJ-ai7XwlbcCFSjZQgodOW0A5w

My Greystone has the spare tire mounted underneath the front, between the two front jacks. I couldn't tell if this would work based on the pictures, but it looks like it would be an issue. Or atleast a pain in the butt to install.

Rrloren

I installed these on my Sundance. Not a cheap fix but do a good job of taking out the movement. I only enable them if we are staying in one spot for 3 days or more.
winfield
rvproducts.com

Kbvols

My Greystone has the spare tire mounted underneath the front, between the two front jacks. I couldn't tell if this would work based on the pictures, but it looks like it would be an issue. Or atleast a pain in the butt to install.

Gotlieb,
My Greystone has spare tire in front also. I mounted Bal stablizer to the storage area metal but reeforced with steel strip on the outside and inside. Also try the x-chocks between the tires these seem to really help reduce the movement.

SGeohagan

We installed the steadyfast system on our Big Horn and it does a much better job than the kingpin stabilizer. We still use the x-chocks occasionally depending on our location.

wehavefun

I own a Bighorn 3800 bunk house with 4 bunks, most times I have just my two daughters, however when they take friends I have 4 teenagers back there! About went nuts with movement, steadyfast WORKED!!!
I used to use x chocks also to reduce spring bounce from suspension, I now have Mor Ryde suspension and really think that reduced the night time wiggles also, but I know that is not what your asking.

Steadyfast will make a huge difference!

happykraut

I will be at the pre pre rally, pre rally and National rally. I'll have a used Steadyfast system for sale. New Bighorn has 6-point level-up, so I don't need it any more.

Last edited:

gotlieb

So has anybody used the steadyfast system that has a spare tire between the front jacks? Seems like they work the best if I'm going to spend the money. Just don't want to order it if it isn't going to work.

jayc

Legendary Member
Gotlieb the Pre-pre rally is a bunch of us gathering at the Elkhart Campground at various times for fun and friendship before the pre rally in Goshen that precedes the big National rally in Goshen. They will all be a lot of fun, so come on down if you can.

Then there's the Iowa rally in the Amana Colonies in October. Love to see you!

Last edited:

Lockandload

Happykraut, I tried to send you a pm not sure if it went through, anyway do you still have the steadyfast system and if so what are you asking for it?

ParkIt

Last year I was on the cheap so I picked up a king pin tripod, was amazed at how much movement it took out of the coach front to back, side to side. Still using it, easier to store and I can't screw up anything on the rig with one.
My 2¢