6 point leveling on 3110

jimfrank

We are considering purchasing a 3110 cyclone with 6 point leveling. Has anyone had problems on uneven ground with bottoming out on the rear jacks while towing the unit. They look like they could drag quite easily. Are they worth the extra cost?

jimtoo

Hi jimfrank,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Every one that has the 6 point system really likes it and says they would never go back to anything less. I have never heard of any one having a problem with dragging the rear legs... it's always possible thou.

So jump in, load it up and let's go camping. Make some rallies and have a great time.

Jim M

jimfrank

Would also appreciate any input on the 3110, good, bad or indifferent. Any 3110 owners out there that can give us any advice?

pegmikef

On mine the rear jacks are quite bit closer to the rear wheels than they are to the end of the trailer (unlike rear manual or electric jacks that are pretty close to the end of the trailer. I don't see how they could bottom out as close as they are to the rear wheels. I have never had a problem (and Iwould not do without them).

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I had mine bottom out once. Guess I should have brought them up all the way before I pulled out.

They are right behind the rear wheels. Virtually impossible to drag when they are up all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KRCyclone

Ours drag every time I go in and out of the driveway. I have raised the rear one notch and can now drag the spare. Looking to raise the entire suspension in the near future. Other than that, the only complaint I have is the carrying capacity.

Hippy

We have a 2013 3010RE Bighorn with 6 point leveling system. We've had it just over a year and have not had any problems dragging with the 6 point leveling system to include bottoming out. Iv'e had the Bighorn several times on very un level ground where I added a 4x6 to 2 of the levels knowing they would over extend. worked out great. Unfortunately we are selling the Bighorn ( sweet deal) because we miss our motorcycle. Just ordered a 2014 3110 Cyclone with 6 point leveling system which we made a must. I was really spoiled with the system. You'll be happy.