6k axles with 7k hubs???

ramdually4100king

So today I decided to grease/change the bearings on my cyclone. It’s been 6 years since we bought it and decided since we are traveling soon to hand pack vs utilizing the zerks.

A month ago I took pictures of the axle placard and called dexter to get the correct kits. After giving them the numbers off the axles It was determined I needed the 6k axle bearing kits.

Fast forward to today. I get the first wheel (of 6) off the camper and to my shock none of the bearings matched. I have 7k hubs on 6k axles.

WTH!!! Heartland??? Who’s good idea fairy was this???

Moral of the story pull a hub and get the bearing numbers from the source. Don’t trust Heartland to assemble all the factory parts correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi RamDually,

If you ever take a plant tour, you'll see that the axles come from Lippert or Dexter with the hubs already installed. Heartland just mounts the axle to the frame.

ramdually4100king

Hi RamDually,

If you ever take a plant tour, you'll see that the axles come from Lippert or Dexter with the hubs already installed. Heartland just mounts the axle to the frame.

One would think Dexter would know what was on the axles utilizing the serial numbers off of the axles then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk