A Better Refrigerator/Freezer Temperature Readout System

wdk450

Gang:
This posting applies to ALL refrigerators/freezers, not just the RV Ammonia Adsorption Type.

While shopping around E-Bay a few weeks ago, I found what looked to be a TERRIFIC, wireless sensor, thermometer readout system, that could be used for an indoor-outdoor ambient temperature readout; or with the 2 wireless sensor model, can be used as an ideal, inexpensive, refrigerator/freezer monitor.

Refrig Readout - Refrig Readout
Sorry, It looks like I got the forum picture rotate bug.

Unfortunately, I got the single sensor model, instead of the dual sensor. I am going to reorder that, and will post the link for the dual sensor thermometer system.
I like the big numbers, the little arrows near the bottom right of the numbers that tells you which direction the temperature is trending, the min and max numbers for each sensor. The min/max numbers will be skewed each time you open the refrig/freezer door to get something.

Here is a link for the 2 sensor system: https://ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Digit...m=362278317042&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507 The sensor seems very accurate to me, and is not subject to small changes when opening the door for a very short time. The system is $17.09 with free shipping.

As with all of these wireless thermometers, you can also take the readout with you to the truck cab when travelling, and should be able to monitor the refrig/freezer from there.

MikeR

Hi Bill, I always enjoy your posts, especially the ones regarding electronics. It gives me great pleasure to say that I can actually correct a mistake that you made in the above post. The RV refrigerators absorb the heat not adsorb. I hope that you take this post in the lighthearted manner that it is intended.

wdk450

Hi Bill, I always enjoy your posts, especially the ones regarding electronics. It gives me great pleasure to say that I can actually correct a mistake that you made in the above post. The RV refrigerators absorb the heat not adsorb. I hope that you take this post in the lighthearted manner that it is intended.

Mike:
I checked Wikipedia, and you are right. I think I started out many years ago using a word the way I thought it was spelled/pronounced. Sort of like when I said asistoleee to the CCU head nurse instead of asystole.