A/C compressor runs until breaker off

wehavefun

I have a 2016 Bighorn 3760EL, I am scheduled for the AC recall however this is very different. I haven't had any issues with AC, at 88 - 90 degrees outside we can maintain 73 inside coach, however I just noticed a harsh buzzing from the living room AC. It seems the compressor is running even though the fan has shut down because system is at temperature. The only way to stop compressor is turning off breaker.
I will survive the weekend but just curious if anyone else had had this issue.

BTW I left breaker of for 15 minutes and turned back on, compressor started right away, fan didn't, thermostat was turned off.

Thanks
Brian

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

carl.swoyer

Check out the communications cable at both ends. Look for any corrosion ( usually looks green). And make sure you have dielectric grease on the connection

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

busted2341

I hav heard from others in the campground about this A/C recall. We have a 2016 Landmark. I have receved nothing about a recall. Is every dometic A/C invovled and do I need to contact anyone?

wehavefun

Thanks Carl !

The communication cable wasn't soaking wet, but damp. Off course dielectric grease is the only way to seal cheap phone wire connector. I simply unplugged everything let it dry out a bit and reconnected. It seems fine for now.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I hav heard from others in the campground about this A/C recall. We have a 2016 Landmark. I have receved nothing about a recall. Is every dometic A/C invovled and do I need to contact anyone?

I believe it's only units manufactured after Jan 1, 2016. But you can call HL with your VIN to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk