A/C front bedroom (Fixed It)

Jmmon416

I have Torque T31 toy hauler. I have two A/C. One in garage and one in main living space. I was a little concerned being in Florida that the front bedroom although ducted was not getting real cool even in the moderate weather we have been having in Florida. While running generator the heat really seems to heat up that bedroom. After going through other web pages I discovered that the A/C might be one that "Quick dumps" directly into space and if you want more air flow into the ducts you need to close off louver of some sort. With the T31 in storage and I am anxious/excited to find out. Is this the case? I simply did not have the louver closed to duct all the air to bedroom. There was definately an extreme amount of air coming directly from unit which I noticed. I really did not get involved with it too much the first time out with it, but it just did not seem to be right. I was even thinking about moving A/C to bedroom. Can anyone tell me if the A/C does in fact have a "Dump feature" that I probably had open and this was my problem. I am sure I can take a look and figure out but anxious to know. Thanks!!!

avvidclif

Re: A/C front bedroom

If the dump is open(lots of air coming out of the AC) then very little is going to the ducts. Use the "Dump" for a fast cool in the living area then shut it down and let the ducts do their thing.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Mine had slide vents. slide it one way to open and fast dump air directly into the living area. slide it the other way to force it down the duct sys.

Jmmon416

Thanks for replies!! All I had to do was slide the louvers over as mentioned. Duh 😀
I knew something was not correct. I guess the dealer could have mentioned that in the walk through. Glad it was an easy solution!!! Much quieter also which I was a little concerned with. Being hot was main concern. The A/C kicks butt now. ❄️❄️❄️