A/c issue with freezing coils

Hello all we just moved into our 2022 landmark Chesapeake. On the second day 2 of our a/c units stopped working and when my husband went to check he saw ice on the coils. We are currently in Chattanooga TN and the temp was low 80's and the rv couldn't stay but 75. Our 2015 with only 2 a/c's never had a problem keeping it about 70. We thought with 3 we would be ok. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? unable to take in for warranty work at this time due to being on assignment and living in it full time right now.

Lou_and_Bette

Look for a dangling wire with a spade shape “connector“. This is the freeze sensor that prevents the unit from freezing up and should be in the fins of the cooling mechanism. Mine are accessible from inside my 2015 BH, you may have to get on the roof and remove the a/c’s cover. Look in the cooling fins, if there isn’t a wire stuck in them, your sensor has fallen out or not been placed properly from factory

jerryjay11

With the temps you are experiencing you shouldn't develop ice or frost on the cooling coil. The freeze sensor is there to prevent damage to the compressor in the event of a problem. Frost or ice buildup on the cooling coil is a sign of low air flow or low refrigerant charge. low air flow can be a dirty air filter, dirty cooling coil, or something obstructing the airflow through the cooling coil or the channel that directs the air from the return air to the outlet. Make sure you air vents are open first then check for other obstructions to the coil. You may have to climb on the roof, remove the cover, then gain access to the cooling coil to verify all is clear.

Because of the AC unit is a sealed system you would need an AC tech to check it out. But low charge is the last I would expect on a new rig.

david-steph2018

We had this happen on our previous rig, Laredo, and what I found out was it was low voltage drop in the park. The temperatures were high, and everybody was running their ACs to stay cool.
When we went to the next park did not have any issues with the unit freezing up.
Maybe check the voltage and see if there is a big drop.

With the temps you are experiencing you shouldn't develop ice or frost on the cooling coil. The freeze sensor is there to prevent damage to the compressor in the event of a problem. Frost or ice buildup on the cooling coil is a sign of low air flow or low refrigerant charge. low air flow can be a dirty air filter, dirty cooling coil, or something obstructing the airflow through the cooling coil or the channel that directs the air from the return air to the outlet. Make sure you air vents are open first then check for other obstructions to the coil. You may have to climb on the roof, remove the cover, then gain access to the cooling coil to verify all is clear.

Because of the AC unit is a sealed system you would need an AC tech to check it out. But low charge is the last I would expect on a new rig.
Thank you for taking the time to answer me, my next day off I plan on checking the roof.