A/C issues

Dylan

Have a 3670rl, and the latest issues are with the a/c. When I shut it off at the thermostat, it was staying on. Dealership said that was normal, as it's trying to cool down. I understand that, but soon after, with the therm still in the off position, it came on by itself. It wasn't on, pushing air, it was just making noise, sounding like It was trying to come on, or the fan that cools it down was on. I had to shut it off with the breaker. When I turned it on again, I heard and felt water spitting out of it, and shut it off immediately. Dealer said to give it a few hours, as it may have frozen and formed ice, which is now melting? Has anyone been thru this type of issue?? Is the water that is up there causing a short? ????????

danemayer

If the FAN is set on LOW, you may be causing a freezeup. Set the FAN to AUTO. If you have the Single Zone LCD thermostat, press the MODE button to cycle the control to FAN and use the + or - button to change the FAN setting to AUTO.

Dylan

If the FAN is set on LOW, you may be causing a freezeup. Set the FAN to AUTO. If you have the Single Zone LCD thermostat, press the MODE button to cycle the control to FAN and use the + or - button to change the FAN setting to AUTO.
The therm, where it says FAN, is set to AUTO. I don't see any mode button however.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
If in fact it is freezing up two things can cause this condition.... 1. fan on low or not passing enough air through cooling coil. 2. low freon charge.
I havent heard of the roof condenser fan running with the A/C in Off position. :confused:
My unit releases water on the roof after it is shut down which is normal.
You may want to pull off the main AC ceiling register and look around for air leaks between the return and discharge chambers.