A/C problem

rsgsscott

I just purchased a new 2014 Landmark Savanna, have been in it 5 days. The living/kitchen A/C compressor will not come on. The Dometic thermostat CCC2 Model # 3314080.xxx with out dehumidifier is showing that the inside temp is 32 degrees F (not C) so therefor is not allowing the A/C to come on, it is actually 74 F inside. I have done the reset procedure, turned the power off to the thermostat and A/C unit but still have the same problem. The fan will work on all speeds and the heat also works. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Very hot and humid here in Alabama right now. I also swapped the thermostat with the front bedroom one and it also had the same indoor temp reading of 32 degrees.

jimtoo

Hi rsgsscott,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share when needed. I can't help you with the new thermostats, but just in case this is link to the manuals section if you don't have one.

I'm sure someone with a unit like yours will jump in soon with some more or better information.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi rsgsscott,

Any chance '32' is actually 'E2' error code?

Do both thermostats read the ambient temperature correctly in the bedroom?

rsgsscott

Both are fine in the bedroom. No E2 code reading. I think it is a sensor some where. No idea where to look. In the process of getting in touch with dealer service where we purchased RV.

danemayer

If both work ok in the bedroom, and both read 32 in the living area, that suggests the thermostats are working but there's a problem with the wiring/voltage to the thermostat.

stevenssr

I think the only way to get the indoor temp on mine is to be in the off position. Maybe yours is different. It might help if we could get a picture of the thermostat and the readout. I think there is a freeze protection circuit and sensor on these things. It might be related to that. Also, has it ever worked since you got it?

Scott

rsgsscott

I think you are right about freeze circuit and sensor. We left it off for two days and it started working again. Thanks everyone for your help.