A cock & bull story

HornedToad

I had cabin fever so bad, I let the girls talk me into a shopping trip to Fredericksburg.
Stayed at the Wine Country Jellystone and saw two matching Bighorns.

A visit to the hill country is not complete without stopping by Luckenbach for a cold one.

As we were leaving...
the wrangler from the photo booth asked if I could give his animals a ride back to the barn since his truck broke down.
He rode the longhorn up the ramp into the toyhauler, we had to lure the rooster in with a corndog.

Luckenbach.jpg

Attachments

• Luckenbach.JPG
    Luckenbach.JPG
    596.8 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

olcoon

OK, you invite HornedToad, & tell me not to show up! I feel like a red headed step child!!! :)

jimtoo

OK, you invite HornedToad, & tell me not to show up! I feel like a red headed step child!!! :)

//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by olcoon //heartlandowners.org/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png
Don't want to de-rail your thread, but I've just got to insert this. Years ago I was at the local Western Auto getting some truck parts & their tire guy came into the store with the latest trophy he'd gotten out of a flat tire. It was a plumb bob that had gone into the tire from the blunt end! From the looks of the sharp end, it had been in the tire for a lot of miles, as it was rounded off, as if someone had taken a grinder to it. To top things off vehicle owner said he'd had a slow leak for a while & had just decided to get it taken care of!!!

Well,,,,,
I expect to see you at George West Storyfest, the Storytelling Capital of Texas next year! :):cool: You will be a winner... don't know what, but you will win something. :)

Jim M
Excuse Me??? You must not read english to good,,or forgot how,, was back in to woods to long....Maybe you need to let Sally read the above to you..that is not telling you not to show up!!!

Also,,, you are not red headed... and I would not claim you as a stepchild!!! Your to old anyway!! :)
♥♥♥
Jim M

olcoon

Man, now I'm hanging my head in shame! Here I am a pup compared to you Jim, and I had a senior moment! I should know not to buck someone with more "experience" than me. Reminds me of the time… think I'll leave it at that, & go sit in the corner for, what do they call it now-"quiet time"!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Man, now I'm hanging my head in shame! Here I am a pup compared to you Jim, and I had a senior moment! I should know not to buck someone with more "experience" than me. Reminds me of the time… think I'll leave it at that, & go sit in the corner for, what do they call it now-"quiet time"!

I thought that was called "cool off time"! :eek:

Lynn1130

From what I can see that ain't no bull (as a local car dealer says as he rides in on a longhorn steer).

HornedToad

HornedToad,,,, PLEASE come to George West Storyfest next November. We have an open mike time and also the Texas State Liars Contest. You never know, you could start a new career. :)

Jim M

Jimtoo,

I would luv to attend the storyfest, sounds a lot like the Cowboy Poets in Alpine next month,
but I checked the schedule and my beloved Red Raiders play the University of Texas in Lubbock the first Saturday in November.

That's how all my friends called me out on this story,
they knew I wouldn't let a longhorn in my trailer.

jimtoo

We have a lot of Cowboy Poets and some awesome storytellers also. It is a really great event and very family oriented. You should come to Storyfest, it is more entertaining and last longer that a football game. And it is a free event,,, no admission charge,,, no parking charges. Just lots of fun and it's all a non-profit event. I'm kinda proud of it... been doing, working, help running it since it was thought about. 25 years now.

Jim M

Jimtoo,

I would luv to attend the storyfest, sounds a lot like the Cowboy Poets in Alpine next month,
but I checked the schedule and my beloved Red Raiders play the University of Texas in Lubbock the first Saturday in November.

That's how all my friends called me out on this story,
they knew I wouldn't let a longhorn in my trailer.

olcoon

Ain't nothing like a good cock & bull story to liven up a discussion! If it's politically correct or not. I'm an old fart, I'd rather it not be politically correct!!!