A couple post-PDI questions...

tcfake613

Helped a buddy PDI his 2013 3670 this past weekend. A couple things came up.

1. The microwave (convection model) did not power up at first. Unit was PDI'd indoors but was recently brought inside from very cold weather. Does the microwave sense temperature and not power up if it's too cold or has a high level of condensation? And yes, verified outlet power and that microwave was plugged in. Also checked breaker. When temp was brought up in rig, microwave eventually functioned properly.

2. Does anyone have any experience with the new Sony DVD receiver units? Specifically, this unit DID NOT RECOGNIZE my iPad and iPhone when plugged into front USB port. Very odd since iDevices are arguably the most popular and you would think would be supported for music playback. Tried a standard USB stick and it was recognized and it worked as I was able to browse the file structure on the USB drive.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks folks.

PS: Heartland... if you're listening, this unit had exceptional QC. Very few problems. Probably the least I've ever seen on a new RV... seriously. Significant improvement over my 2012.

danemayer

If "did not power up" means the LCD display was blank, I'd suspect cold temps could have been involved.

tcfake613

Yes gentlemen, "did not power up" means absolutely no indication of power. No interior light and no display. I'm leaning more and more towards "too cold to operate" since it has been working fine ever since.

Bill, I will check Sony support. Maybe there is a firmware upgrade I can apply.

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated!

Last edited:

wdk450

Tim:
I think you need to verify power outlet voltage is present when the microwave will not work. Something with metal contraction due to cold is probably at work here. Tighten screws attaching wires on the outlet and on the associated circuit breaker (with NO AC POWER CONNECTED TO THE TRAILER). This may be difficult to track down due to the intermittent nature of the problem.