A Frightening highway experience...

MTPockets

We were Westbound on I-70 about 10 miles from Rifle, CO where HOC campout us taking place this weekend.... Approaching us in our lane,( Eastbound in our Westbound lane ) was a large brown Prevost style motor home. Needless to say I pull over to the right while it passes me on the left going the other direction... I call 911 to report while I see it passing over the medium to the correct side of the Interstate. About a mile down the road, I could see tracks where it crossed to my side. Heart is still pumping fast!

Jim.Allison

Asleep at the wheel, maybe?

We were Westbound on I-70 about 10 miles from Rifle, CO where HOC campout us taking place this weekend.... Approaching us in our lane,( Eastbound in our Westbound lane ) was a large brown Prevost style motor home. Needless to say I pull over to the right while it passes me on the left going the other direction... I call 911 to report while I see it passing over the medium to the correct side of the Interstate. About a mile down the road, I could see tracks where it crossed to my side. Heart is still pumping fast!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
WOW - SCARY. Glad ya'll are ok. Hope the other driver is also ok and not having a medical problem.

Greengas

Sounds like a great campfire story for this weekend. Looking forward to hearing the heart pounding details that can only be shared around a fire. Oh, looking forward to the fish fry also. See ya' Thursday.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Hey Terry . . . that was pretty scary!

I call those 'white knuckle experiences'.

We had one of those coming down from Estes Park in August . . .

Rounded a blind curve on wet a mountain road to find the trailer in front of me dead stopped in the road! :eek:

I still don't know how I managed to stop our truck/trailer combo 10 feet short of rear ending that trailer.

We were only going about 25 mph . . .

Good thing I'm current on my blood pressure meds! :p