A new direction with a Rod and Custom Shop

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Thanks Moose. I like the roll up doors too. So far it's the only thing that actually came with instructions.

She's getting there. This field install stuff really brought the build to a crawl compared to slapping all the pre fabed framing together. Only thing left before siding is one roll up door, the rake angles, the corner angles, and the base trim. 2-3 days work for me.

pmmjarrett

Second roll up door is installed. I still need to install the header seal on it and that takes about 15 minutes. I just wasn't going to spend another 15 minutes outside with the one flipping man eating skeeter that wouldn't stop buzzing my ear for the last hour I was wrapping things up.

p6200001.jpg

jpdoggett

Second roll up door is installed. I still need to install the header seal on it and that takes about 15 minutes. I just wasn't going to spend another 15 minutes outside with the one flipping man eating skeeter that wouldn't stop buzzing my ear for the last hour I was wrapping things up.

p6200001.jpg
Thanks for your service to our country and welcome home

porthole

Retired
Hey Mike,
Moving right along and looking good.

So when you are finished - you can use your delivery skills to bring that skid up here - may as well stay awhile too, would like to add a 50 x 20 in my back yard with a 14' door :cool:

pmmjarrett

Thanks Jim & Pat.

LOL Duane, when I finish I need to get back to my other 50 projects around the house. Been hit and miss working on the shop this week buttoning up a few things on the framing to get it ready for siding. The frame is 100% complete now, ready to start siding. Forgot to charge my camera battery again so I'll need to update with a couple pics sometime tomorrow. Prolly won't get started on siding until at least tuesday. Have to take Mama to get her eyes checked and get glasses tomorrow.

pmmjarrett

OK, I'm back on the job. The base trim, rake angles and corner angles are installed and I have started on the siding and trim today.

p6290001.jpg

P6290005.jpg

P6290009.jpg

P6290014.jpg

pmmjarrett

Thank you,

That is "Rustic Red". I like old red and white barns but didn't want a bright red that would have been a bit obnoxious. I don't really care for that yellowish tan color everyone else uses on these buildings. The inside color is white so it should really help with the lighting too.

irvin56

lots of room to put the trains in there too. looking good Sir. nice color, at least you won't need sunglass's from the glare of some sidings you see on buildings. Nice you have a big enough property to put in on, without neighbors a few feet away

Bighurt

I'm looking at steel buildings now. Curious to know who you went through? And if you would use them again.

pmmjarrett

Thanks Irvin.

Been a little busy with doctors appointments for both mama and myself, just some follow ups and adjusting meds, and a short vacation with the camper for our grand daughters birthday and away from the forums and build. Got the siding done on the front and half the back now will update with some pics later.

I'm looking at steel buildings now. Curious to know who you went through? And if you would use them again.

I dealt directly with Brian Buck, the owner of Buck Steel, he's a distributor with a concentration in the southeast but it definatly wouldn't hurt to speak with him. I tried hard to dig up negative stuff on Buck Steel on the internet before I bought and researched them with Dun and Bradstreet and some other places to make sure I wasn't going to get screwed out of a deposit on a major purchase. He isn't listed on BBB.

I purchased everything from him, building, windows, insulation, walk door and roll up doors. The building was delivered from Hornet Structures. Everything except the insulation was delivered on one truck and both trucks were scheduled to show up the same day and actually did within a couple hours of each other.

Yep, I'd do business with him again. They didn't badger me on the phone, didn't spam my email like several others did every day and didn't try to pressure me into things I didn't want. He listened to what I wanted unlike several others, was as straight up and honest about getting me what I asked for and not what they wanted me to have. They were able to pull my particular county building code and wind loads up (unlike most of them, thankfully I knew the code and didn't fall for their BS) and worked with me to keep it in my budget and my needs. Nobody else would come close to his price either. Getting a little help on the phone when I had questions while building it was easy too.

Moose

Glad to see you back. I hope things are well healthwise with the Mrs. and yourself.

I missed you posts and pictures while you were gone.

Now get back to work! LoL :);)

pmmjarrett

I can't, I'm retired. If I go too fast it'll be too much like a no paying job and I might actually get something done.:p

Mama and I are fine. Just some follow ups on old stuff and Mamas getting her gall bladder checked out too. Just a bunch of visits and vacation that all happened about the same time really chewing up a couple weeks.

A few 100*F days and me sleeping in until 10AM didn't help either, walk outside and turn around and run back into the AC LOL.

pmmjarrett

Alright, vacations over. Time to stop goofing off and get something done.

The siding on the front and back walls is complete and with any luck, I might be able to finish the siding on the end walls, corner trim and the eave trim this week.

P1010003.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

Moose

Looking sooooo good!

When its done will you reverse build it to give me something to watch? LoL.

I do enjoy watching your progress and your talent. Thanks for sharing with us.

pmmjarrett

:mad:

If this thing gets reverse built, it'll be because of a direct hit from a catagory 4 or 5 hurricane or a tornado and I ain't sticking around for pics for anybody.:eek:

pmmjarrett

Started on an end wall today. Sorted out the 5 different lengths of siding into separate stacks for pre drilling the holes and got 3 pieces of siding up. Should be able to finish this end up tomorrow.

p1010001.jpg

P1010005.jpg

pmmjarrett

Got 4 more pieces of siding up. This heat and humidity is killing me as I have to wear long sleeves and a hat in the sun now because of the Methotrexate I take. Learned that the hard way with a touch of sun poisoning on my arms yesterday. Wasn't a problem before but now that my dose was increased a couple weeks ago it's a problem. Never thought about it because I always tanned nice and didn't burn, that's over now.

P63000004.jpg

Moose

I know I've said it before but I gotta say I do like that colour so much.

The project is progressing nicely and looking very good.

I am so envious.

olcoon

Better be careful about taking vacations. Stop and think about it...when you were working, you took a vacation to get away from the job, stress, etc. Now that you are retired, if you take a vacation, that would mean that you are getting away from retirement, so you'll have to go back to work!