AC Issue

Rooskie

That's not opinion, that's fact. That's why the breaker size in the rig is 20A. I am puzzled why, especially with an extension cord (?? wire size and length unknown) in the mix, how the A/C would have started at all.

I'm betting that the extension cord is now "deceased" and the A/C and RV will be fine when plugged into a proper source without adapters and cords.

Nope, plugged right into a 30 amp box while camping for the 4th of July. Still had same affect. Had my brother over here today with his trailer. Used same extension cord and same garage outlet. His worked just fine. It is something wrong with the AC unit itself.

jkravitz

Does anyone know how to increase Air flow in vents located in the bedroom portion the A C unit is not cooling in the back??

Our thermostat also has only fan cool and heat on it, but if you put it on "fan" and then watch it, if you push the + and minus sign, it will cycle thru the settings for the fan.

danemayer

Does anyone know how to increase Air flow in vents located in the bedroom portion the A C unit is not cooling in the back??
Hi jkravitz,

I assume you have 1 A/C unit located in the living room. You should feel some airflow in the bedroom, but it probably is just a gentle air flow. If the trailer has cooled down, it should be enough to keep the bedroom cool at night. Closing the main air dump in the living room may help.

Take a look at our owner-written Heating and Cooling Guide for additional tips.

Rooskie

After trying everything that I was told to by the fine folks that responded, this is what I found from the repair facility today; The connector wires from the ac unit itself, to the 110 volt line, were not connected properly, specifically a ground wire. Once the wires were re connected, it has been running in 102 degree weather without issue. I asked why it had worked then stopped and was told that the ground WAS grounding itself inside the box, but after repeated operation, could no longer ground itself and had to be re wired properly. I am by no means an electrician (and am beginning to wonder about the neighbor claiming to be who assisted a few days ago) but it now works. I spoke with Heartland regarding this, and despite the warranty being expired by about 3 months, they have "made it right" which I am ok with the resolution we worked out. For those of you that are more electrical than I, I hope this makes sense. Thanks again for the responses.