AC not working

4ever

Have AC unit in bedroom not working. Set thermostat and units starts to run for about 30 seconds. Then try's to go into cool mode and kicks on and right off again. Does this every minute or so. Other unit in main area kicks on and runs in the cooling mode. Took unit to Camping World and they say unit needs freon/ammonia referring to the coolant. I would think if that is the problem it would still kick on just not produce cold air. It was working fine one day and now not working. Have 2014 Landmark with whisper quite AC/heat pumps

hoefler

Low freon will cause the compressor to short cycle. When equalized between the high pressure side to the low side, pressure switch is satisfied. When the compressor starts, now the low side is too low, and the switch kicks the compressor off, then repeats after the system equalizes again.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
It's my understanding that you cannot add freon as there are no service ports on the unit. So don't bite on CW saying they can fix it.

danemayer

I think the only way to add Freon is to find a residential Air Conditioning repair person who is willing to work on your RV roof and try to add ports to the coolant lines. RV techs don't have the same level of training on air conditioning as residential repair people.

donr827

Unless you have a cracked line, unusual, you should not need to add Freon to a system. They do make line taps that are someone like a saddle. Not sure if it would work on a rv system due to the movement down the highway.

Miller0758

One thing you may want to look at ... I'm not sure of your unit or set-up however, there is a temperature sensor (bulb) in my unit and that may be sensing the conditioned air rather than the return air, and shutting the unit off. This happened to me and I discovered there was a "air dam" that broke allowing a mixture of air and a false reading ... just a thought. Pull off the grill and take a look or ... I could be completely wrong.

dpugh611

I just found that my main A/C is not cooling. I could not find any signs of leaking but frost at top of evaporator coil and cap tube sweating about half way from condenser. Blocked capillary tubes. Hope dealer can help we have a trip planned next month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dpugh611

Camper is less than a year I wonder if you deal with dometic or dealer. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

danemayer

Camper is less than a year I wonder if you deal with dometic or dealer. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Hi dpugh611,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

If you take it to your dealer, they'll get the appropriate warranty authorization from Dometic. You only have to get directly involved if you decide to manage the warranty process yourself.

dpugh611

Thanks Dan, I spoke to Dometic and part isn't even on parts list sot to the dealer we go.

dpugh611

WOW! Took it to Lamesa Sanford 10/31 picked it up 11/3 new rear a/c. Under warranty