Adapting a home for handicap living

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Re: Addapting a home for handicap living

We R sorry for your loss. May God receive his soul and he RIP. God Bless

jimtoo

Our condolences. You and your family are in our prayers.

Jim & Bette

dewwood

I am sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)

So sorry for your loss. Our prayeers for you and your family.

Mark

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!

I and my family want to express our thanks for the advice, support and prayers to everyone here.

Our local small country town community of friends, the wifes employers and neighbors have been very supportive too stopping in to check on us and bringing us lunch and dinner as well as paper plates, cups and coffee to help us through a really long day.

Sincerely, Mike

jbeletti

Mike,

I am so sorry for you families' loss. I am sure it's hitting you guys really hard.

I was thinking about you this week when I was in Elkhart, then again before I left as I was talking to a haul and tow driver hauling for us (Roadx) up to AB. I'll call you in a few days. Again, so sorry Mike.

Jim

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
You may look back and think that your recent efforts to get your house ready for him were a great waste. But, in reality, you proved to him that he had a son-in-law that any man would be proud of. Please accept my feeble attempt at condolence.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Thanks Jim.

You may look back and think that your recent efforts to get your house ready for him were a great waste. But, in reality, you proved to him that he had a son-in-law that any man would be proud of. Please accept my feeble attempt at condolence.

John,

I won't lie and say that thought hasn't crossed my mind several times. I was getting ready for a man that was still able to get around with a little help, still able to be a little independant and still was able to hold a conversation when I spoke with him right before I started this project. In all actuallity, it really wasn't a waste as it made it much easier for 3 of us to care for him 24 hrs a day as well as gave us plenty of room for visitors an hospice to come in and have a place to sit.

Man we had so much stuff in that room it wasn't funny, but it all fit and you could still move around.

Here's what we ended up with in the room.
  • hospital bed
  • hospital bed table
  • bedside comode
  • oxygen tanks and equipment
  • wheel chair
  • recliner
  • 3 office chairs
  • office desk
  • tv
  • dvd player
  • dvr
  • laptop
  • trash can
  • a small folding table
  • oil filled radiant electric heater
  • a lot of supplies for him

No condolence is ever feeble. Every little bit helps. Thank you.:angel:

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired

Couldnt have said it better. We are so sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and your family.