Add through panel posts to vented battery box

radbat

Has anyone added battery terminals to a vented battery box? I have a 2021 Eldridge 32RK (5th wheel). It has a vented battery box in the front left compartment where the inverter and the hydraulic stuff is. I have attached pics of something similar to what I have and what I want to accomplish. Basically, I want to have a couple of terminals on the outside of the vented box to attach a VIAIR compressor instead of having to use my truck battery. I also attached a pic of a marine battery box that gave me the idea.... I searched the forums but couldn't really find anything...

Attachments

• 55-1722-2.jpg
    55-1722-2.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 7160xcAUBhL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    7160xcAUBhL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 71lFKh8W4AL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    71lFKh8W4AL._AC_SX679_.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 15

SLO

I put a 7 pin connector on my viair, then plug it into 7 pin connector in the truck rear bumper. Have to run the truck while I’m airing tires, but it’s handy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thewanderingeight

When we bought our Milestone, the dealer couldn’t figure out how to put that box together properly so they just left the lid off. I told them to just give me the screws and I would do it myself. That was a year and and it’s still sitting in there with no lid.

To that point, it’s just a plastic box with a tube to allow the gasses to escape and avoid a fire hazard. I think you are fine to make whatever modifications you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taskswap

On a similar topic I put one of these on the side of every battery box (utility trailer or small camper) or storage compartment (our 386BH fifth wheel). Inside I they connect directly to the battery via a 30A inline fuse. Then outside I have connectors all made up for a bunch of stuff:

1. Cigarette lighter adapter - you can can this one pre-made. We use it for small inflators for beach balls and kids bikes.
2. ViaAir tire inflator
3. 12V water transfer pump - I use this with a water bladder when dry camping
4. 12V macerator and black tank caddy - same
5. 12V battery charger - saves time hooking up a trickle charger or booster if I have a flat battery
6. Portable solar charger
7. Never needed it yet but I could hook a generator 12V output here for the same reason as #6

sae.jpg

I can think of lots of other things I might do with it in the future. Having quick access with a waterproof connect to draw from, or charge, what's in your battery box is a huge thing. You won't need it until you have it, then you'll never want to live without it.

radbat

On a similar topic I put one of these on the side of every battery box (utility trailer or small camper) or storage compartment (our 386BH fifth wheel). Inside I they connect directly to the battery via a 30A inline fuse. Then outside I have connectors all made up for a bunch of stuff:

1. Cigarette lighter adapter - you can can this one pre-made. We use it for small inflators for beach balls and kids bikes.
2. ViaAir tire inflator
3. 12V water transfer pump - I use this with a water bladder when dry camping
4. 12V macerator and black tank caddy - same
5. 12V battery charger - saves time hooking up a trickle charger or booster if I have a flat battery
6. Portable solar charger
7. Never needed it yet but I could hook a generator 12V output here for the same reason as #6

View attachment 66962

I can think of lots of other things I might do with it in the future. Having quick access with a waterproof connect to draw from, or charge, what's in your battery box is a huge thing. You won't need it until you have it, then you'll never want to live without it.
Do you have a link to that adapter?