Flooded Lead Acid Battery to AGM

RVFun4Us

My Interstate flooded lead acid batteries in my 3270RS Bighorn are nearing 5 years old. When I replace them, thinking about buying AGM. Don't want or need lithium. So as I said, have Interstate 12 volt deep cycle batteries, Marine/RV SRM-27, 600 CCA, 750 MCA and 160 RC as shown on the battery labels. When looking at the stats for a couple of AGM (Renogy and Weize), the information on the batteries seem to differ from my Interstates. For example, the Renogy shows 12 volt, 100Ah, 3% self-discharge rate, 1100 amp max discharge current, 30 amp max charge current. The stats don't mention CCA, MCA or RC like the interstates. The Weize shows 12 volt, 92Ah, Group 27M dual purpose, 175RC, 580CCA, 700MCA, 12 volt, deep cycle Sealed Marine & RV battery. So the Weize seems to match the info from the Interstate better than the Renogy. The Weize dimensions also fit within my current battery box where the Renogy is a little larger. So please educate me. The Interstate does not show an Ah rating like the Weize and Renogy, unless I am missing it somewhere. Would buying either the Renogy or Weize be a good fit for my Interstate replacements or is there another brand that you would recommend? And when switching to an AGM battery, would I need to change anything else in the RV such as the converter, cabling, or 50 amp fuses? Appreciate any feedback.

Kathi-27

My Interstate flooded lead acid batteries in my 3270RS Bighorn are nearing 5 years old. When I replace them, thinking about buying AGM. Don't want or need lithium. So as I said, have Interstate 12 volt deep cycle batteries, Marine/RV SRM-27, 600 CCA, 750 MCA and 160 RC as shown on the battery labels. When looking at the stats for a couple of AGM (Renogy and Weize), the information on the batteries seem to differ from my Interstates. For example, the Renogy shows 12 volt, 100Ah, 3% self-discharge rate, 1100 amp max discharge current, 30 amp max charge current. The stats don't mention CCA, MCA or RC like the interstates. The Weize shows 12 volt, 92Ah, Group 27M dual purpose, 175RC, 580CCA, 700MCA, 12 volt, deep cycle Sealed Marine & RV battery. So the Weize seems to match the info from the Interstate better than the Renogy. The Weize dimensions also fit within my current battery box where the Renogy is a little larger. So please educate me. The Interstate does not show an Ah rating like the Weize and Renogy, unless I am missing it somewhere. Would buying either the Renogy or Weize be a good fit for my Interstate replacements or is there another brand that you would recommend? And when switching to an AGM battery, would I need to change anything else in the RV such as the converter, cabling, or 50 amp fuses? Appreciate any feedback.

just changed out my north star 27agm that where 8 years old to odyssey odx-agm31m. the north stars where the old version odyssey are there replacement. went a little larger to more reserve with res frig. the old batterys where still working fine just getting a little weak.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I went from 2 group 27 wet to 3 group 31 AGM batteries when I installed a couple solar panels 5 yrs ago. They are from East Penn Manufacturing. Had to change out to bigger battery boxes and they have held up well for our minimal boondocking experiences

RVFun4Us

Will the wiring from my truck for charging the flooded Interstate batteries work with the AGMs or does something have to be rewired there? Will possibly look at local dealer that sells AGMs so I can dispose of the old Interstates since that doesn't seem possible with an on-line purchase.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Will the wiring from my truck for charging the flooded Interstate batteries work with the AGMs or does something have to be rewired there? Will possibly look at local dealer that sells AGMs so I can dispose of the old Interstates since that doesn't seem possible with an on-line purchase.
I made no changes from flooded cell to AGMs