Adding add'l cooling fan for fridge

NYSUPstater

I'm no expert on this so need all the help I can muster. Have read where one can add an add'l 12v fan at base (outside/behind) fridge to aid in helping to keep it's cool or w/ cooling in general w/ fridges on slides where the top vent is on the slide rather than the roof. We have a 18 cu ft gas/elect which does a a good job in the fridge dept. Ice cream......well not so, but will keep frozen foods frozen. So anyways, what do I need to get and how to wire it up let alone placement of it ??

TIA

jimbob195

We were working in south Texas, living in our older camper, in temperatures that generally exceeded 100 degrees F., and sometimes would not cool off below 85 at night. The gas/electric refrigerators put out a bit of heat, especially in hot weather. Our small gas/electric fridge struggled to say the least. Inside the fridge compartment (accessible from the outside) was a 110V outlet, so I just went to WalMart and picked up a small 4" - 110V fan. It was just enough to keep the air circulating and helped the fridge stay cold in the hot weather. A 12V fan should do the same thing and be able to run off your batteries if you dont have 110V shore power.

SNOKING

There is drawings on how the baffles are suppose to be installed. I change the fan thermostat to a 113 degree (45C) one. Helped! The big problem is the refer is in a slide and no straight shot to a roof vent to make the chimney effect work well. Chris