Adding back the Linc remote slide and level-up control system that was dropped by Heartland

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Here is the price sheet Lippert sent me to do the new WiFi system. It would have a remote and you can hard wire in these little control pads also.
So with the app on my phone I can operate anything I wire into the system. Awnings, slides, lights, water pump, and more,. From my phone, the remote, or the control pads.
I seen this system in a SOB and thought it was right up my alley..
The system in this SOB also you could monitor tank and battery level and alot more. One thing I didn't like on the SOB was that was the only way to tire most of the lights on and off didn't care for that.
c3fac00a05f6b2756ad507dd440deb8b.jpg

5af033ca616f7bf91a349e21e1f2ea6b.jpg

741de80120d8b7e12a0e4a51105e18b0.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Miamogue

I don't believe it will be that expensive if it can be done the way I said. Checking part it should be around $500.00

Miamogue

Thank you for the part numbers. Did you eventually install this in your coach? It seems as though this is a replacement system for what came in the coach. I planned on using the system wiring that will come in the coach. I called Heartland to see if they would put it in and they advised that they had to many complaints and because of this the wouldn't. Now I have SOB that has the controls installed and I never had any problems with it. I have the lippert 3.0 system that controls the whole coach. It is only electric though not electric/hydraulic.

kdubinwa

Jerrod,

I never followed through with my initial plans to add wireless control of slides/awnings/etc and I'm glad I waited -- this my RV technology is much more powerful.

A couple questions:

1) Do any of the parts in your post allow for wireless control of the level up?

2) Have you investigated how to wire for control of hydraulic slides? My trailer has 1 electric and 2 hydraulic slides but the hydraulic slides retract or extend together unless I manually turn the slide selector knob in the front compartment. My dream would be to control all three slides independently and the level up from my iPhone. I'm left wondering what is possible and what is involved to make this work.

Kurt

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes that will control the level up
I think your 2 hydraulic slides are plumbed together and operated with 1 valve .
It could be separated but I think it would be a lot of work. I think you would need to change out the hydraulic valve body to be like the Landmark and probably Ave to replumb the lines to each ram. You might eaven have to change the rams I think it might be 1 ram that does both slides.
All bad.

sjandbj

Jerrod,

Have you investigated how to wire for control of hydraulic slides? My trailer has 1 electric and 2 hydraulic slides but the hydraulic slides retract or extend together unless I manually turn the slide selector knob in the front compartment. My dream would be to control all three slides independently and the level up from my iPhone. I'm left wondering what is possible and what is involved to make this work.

Kurt

Kurt,
I have a Big Country and I had the selector switch added to the front compartment. The only way I see to do this would be to add solenoids to the manifold. Since the Landmark has separate switches for each slide and also solenoids for each slide there is just the wiring of the remote to worry about. But since ours are separate we have the added joy of plumbing the hydraulics lines. I guess the only good part is that since there is the selector valve in the front all the hoses have been run to allow the plumbing to be accomplished without any new lines. I have the remote but wanted to separate the slides. The plumbing should be the easiest part. Getting to all the correct wires without a wiring diagram is another problem. Reverse engineering something always takes more time. It sure would be nice if Heartland would just provide wiring diagrams.
Steve

kdubinwa

Yes that will control the level up
I think your 2 hydraulic slides are plumbed together and operated with 1 valve .
It could be separated but I think it would be a lot of work. I think you would need to change out the hydraulic valve body to be like the Landmark and probably Ave to replumb the lines to each ram. You might eaven have to change the rams I think it might be 1 ram that does both slides.
All bad.

Is it your understanding that both the slides and the level up can be operated from the iPhone app?

- - - Updated - - -

Kurt,
I have a Big Country and I had the selector switch added to the front compartment. The only way I see to do this would be to add solenoids to the manifold. Since the Landmark has separate switches for each slide and also solenoids for each slide there is just the wiring of the remote to worry about. But since ours are separate we have the added joy of plumbing the hydraulics lines. I guess the only good part is that since there is the selector valve in the front all the hoses have been run to allow the plumbing to be accomplished without any new lines. I have the remote but wanted to separate the slides. The plumbing should be the easiest part. Getting to all the correct wires without a wiring diagram is another problem. Reverse engineering something always takes more time. It sure would be nice if Heartland would just provide wiring diagrams.
Steve

Thanks Steve. I think your nailed the predicament we are in. I would be willing to live with the two slides (door and off door) operating on one valve for the advantage of leveling and running the slides from outside the trailer where I can actually see around the 5th wheel.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Is it your understanding that both the slides and the level up can be operated from the iPhone app?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Steve. I think your nailed the predicament we are in. I would be willing to live with the two slides (door and off door) operating on one valve for the advantage of leveling and running the slides from outside the trailer where I can actually see around the 5th wheel.
Yes I do believe all items including slides and level-up can be controlled from the phone app.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes definitely an option.
I have a hand full of other projects in front of it on my list.
I am somewhat on the fence because of all of the WiFi stuff that is still just over my head of understanding it.
I waiting for the WiFi wizard to come set me up and make it easy enough for me to operate and understand.
That's is one major thing holding me back right now.

Also I'm know as soon as I install that a better easier one will come out :/ so I'm waiting for that one. LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Miamogue

Just advised my new 3160EL is off line. When I get it in a few weeks I am going to pursue adding the remote system. Not sure I would go the WI-FI route as it would be cost prohibited. If I am ever able to sort it out I will surely post the results here. If anyone else does the addition in the near future maybe they can post their solution.

kdubinwa

Just advised my new 3160EL is off line. When I get it in a few weeks I am going to pursue adding the remote system. Not sure I would go the WI-FI route as it would be cost prohibited. If I am ever able to sort it out I will surely post the results here. If anyone else does the addition in the near future maybe they can post their solution.

Same rig as mine. Congrats! I'm busy using my 5ver the next 6 weeks so I'm on standby for this project.