Adding level-up 6pt system

Mrsfish

Looking for the pros and cons for adding the lippert level up system to your rig after the fact. Also, what are the differences between a factory installed system at time of build and an add on component? Thanks in advance.

jnbhobe

Mine was one of the first ones done aftermarket. The only difference I see is that you could ask for something custom to be added with an aftermarket installation.

MCTalley

Agree with the others. We had ours added aftermarket by Lippert at their facility (during the national rally last summer). I think one primary difference you would probably see is the routing of the hydraulics from the jacks. Mine are exposed (not bad, just visible) and I don't remember seeing them exposed on a factory installation (though I haven't thought to look up under a factory installation to see the difference).

Paul & Nan

We had ours 6 point level up system while in Goshen for the ralley in 2011, the best investment ever, the next best is the MorRyde IS system. Both make the whole travel/set up so much better

Mrsfish

I thought I read that the factory version was a true 6 point system, while the after market was really a 4 point system that helped the front hydrolics (and therefore the front legs only adjust together, not independently). Am I wrong? Also what price range should I be looking to pay?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you go with the six point system, recommended, be sure to leave the rear stabilizers active. They do make a difference.
I have had the six point for nearly four years and I am still amazed each time I use it.
You will have to call Lippert to find an authorized installer in your area.
574-312-6112

Peace
Dave

Mrsfish

Thank you all for the input. Wish we had ordered it from the factory that way, but oh well. Now I'll look at getting it added as soon as I can. Thanks again.

Niles

Guess I'll be the red headed step child here, we put on the bigfoot system and love it. The one thing I like about it, is the fact that not one pump for the whole system. Lippert's if the pump goes, no slides and no leveling. Bigfoot's system is not attached, so to speak, with the slides and each foot has it's own pump. Some will say that this way you have multilpy pumps to go bad, well if I do I only have one leg or just slides to get in or out and not bleed the whole system to get something to work. We do only have four legs though and not six, with the rear electric jacks though I can't say it's any less stable than the Lippert's I've been in.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Also consider Ground Control, an all electric system. Each jack has it's own motor. Less costly than Level-Up, and can be self-installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Great question Ann and Rick and looks like some great responses too.

I'll add one new thing here. Black Jack. It's the new system by Lippert. I saw it at the Louisville show last December and it's pretty cool. In my mind, it's more like the Bigfoot system than the LevelUp system in that each jack is a self-contained hydraulic lift system. No hydraulic lines to run. So the install is way easier.

The material cost as I understand it is higher but much of that is made back on the reduced labor hours to install the system. Unsure if it's available for retail purchase just yet. Hoping to get this system on my next demo coach.

TravelTiger

On Lippert's site for the new Ground Control 3.0: 30K total capacity (six-point); 20K total capacity (four-point)

Wmnmy

Also consider Ground Control, an all electric system. Each jack has it's own motor. Less costly than Level-Up, and can be self-installed.

we are having the ground control system installed at camping world let you know how they go ......

TravelTiger

we are having the ground control system installed at camping world let you know how they go ......

You'll love it! DH installed ours, took a full day! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT, I am the hitch/unhitch/level queen now. :cool: