Adjustable Height Shower Head Holder

T42

We are the owners of a new Bighorn 3670. The adjustable height shower head holder will not maintain its height when set. It either slides down the pole quickly or slowly -- depending on the opposite of your needs!! Is there a fix for this?:confused:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello T42, welcome to the forum.
I know what you mean about the shower head sliding down. I have, I think, solved that problem. I took the whole thing apart and did a little modification to the holding mechanism. It is better now, but I don't know about the long run. If need be I will go to ver.2.01.
You will need to remove the lower arm cover by pulling straight out. Then unscrew the arm from the wall. The rod will then slide out of the top arm and you can lay the rod on a table to work on it. Push the release button on the shower head holder and slide it off. There is a small rubber "brake" pad in there that uses friction to hold the holder in place on the rod. Pry that out and put some sort of shim under it and then re-assemble every thing.
Attached are a few pics of what I did.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_20110514_145552.jpg
    IMG_20110514_145552.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20110514_150749.jpg
    IMG_20110514_150749.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_20110514_151225.jpg
    IMG_20110514_151225.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 102
  • assembly.jpg
    assembly.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 99
  • finished.jpg
    finished.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 91

porthole

Retired
Got ya - I seem to recall all I had to do on mine was tighten that knob. Maybe mine was tight enough as it was.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
PhotoPete, I thought of that but tried this way. If this don't work, that will be ver.2.01.

Peace
Dave

Last edited:

ChopperBill

I just slid the soap dish up to the top and the extra resistance seemed to be enough to keep it from sliding down.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hay Cookie
Good job. I copied your information to my list of stuff for future use. This is the thing that makes this forum very useful besides the friendship we have.

Thanks
BC

SilverRhino

Dave;

Thanks for sharing! I usually hand hold the shower head.......At 6'5" leaving it in the holder means I only wash the bottome 2/3rds or need to sit on the floor!!

DW is another story......She would like to be able to "set and forget it". Now thanks to your help, I will once again be in good graces, for a while anyway.

Randy

ParkIt

And the 79¢ quick fix is from home depot. Plumbing section, small poly disc you can cut one side and snap into place but it will slide if you push it. Looks kind of like a garden hose gasket...hey! maybe that would work too? (never thought of it until now)

porthole

Retired
I guess some of these are just tighter then others. After 1500+ miles on some of the crappiest interstates (think 80 in Ohio here) the shower head never moved with the Oxy head on it.