After market warranty

Subdrv

If you use and after market warranty you might want to take a look at it. I purchase a used 2008 f 450 in 2011 the factory warranty was getting ready to expire. I normally don't by extended warranties but this time I did. Now the fun begins.
Last week I was coming home to Virginia from Kansas 50 miles from the house the transfer case exploded taking the front and rear drive shafts any all the fuel lines, transmission lines, and wiring around the transmission with it. Also had a small fire. The warranty company will replace the transfer case but would not replace the other parts because they were exclude from the coverage even though the transfer case which caused the problem was covered learn something new every day. Read the fine print. The good news it between what they will replace and a sensor that went bad I have made back what it cost me for the policy and I still have two years and 30k miles left.

Subdrv

Your call, but worth fighting for.
Although it depends a bit on the laws in your state.

Porthole still fighting the warranty I don't think it is going my way. The good news is after almost two months I finally got the truck back. The local dealer crushed both ride hight control valves and wouldn't fix them because they weren't factory and I did know to tell them not to lift it by the frame without tieing the axle up. Now I am talking to Ford. I remember why I do most of my own work.

Robbie

porthole

Retired
Boy that sucks. Dealers just don't care sometimes.

I have height valves with my quasi air ride. One of the issues I have with Firestone and Sanluis Rassini, the designers, was the height control valves and lifting the truck.

I re-did my valves so that the axle could hang with all 4 wheels on and not bend the arms.