rv extended warranty

koolkris

i just purchased a 2019 wilderness 2775rb, thinking on getting an extended warranty. the dealership offered one but price was higher than i wanted to pay, i found several customer direct companies that had longer coverage at cheaper prices. one being good sam also eagle vision/ american assurance and also american rv warranty corp/headstart. just wondering if any of you have any thoughts or even experiences with any of these or different warranty companies

carl.swoyer

Warning...
If it has any connection to Camping World or Gander Rv, walk away!
Do your research.

I had a flawless experience with Cornerstone 5 year extended warranty on my Landmark Rushmore fifth wheel and my Carolina skiff.
Always inspected,verified, and fixed. Google them and check out the latest version of coverage.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

centerline

beware of ANY extended warranties... a good one can be a real wallet saver, but the wording within the fine print often causes the extended warranties to be nearly worthless....

sometimes extended warranties can be seemingly affordable enough, until you have a reason to use it and find out that what you thought would be covered, is excluded for some reason.. and the only thing worse than not having insurance, is believing you are covered, when you really are not.

how long is the warranty period?..... and what ALL does it cover?.... and how handy are you as a DIY'er?.. and what does it cost, upfront as well as any deductibles?....
if the answers to these questions are satisfactory to you and your wallet, then go for it.... but if you arent sure, look at a different insurance companies to compare...

sometimes extended warranties can be purchased independently, in which case you can save a bit on the up front costs, due to cutting out the dealership commissions on these sometimes questionable "insurance" policies....

Last edited:

2019_V22

I think the most important thing to note, that unless it's written in the contract terms, most likely not, you will not receive compensation for your down time, or loss of use of the RV, Camper, Etc., and will still be subject to whatever wait times to receive service, and duration of service. I'm seeing signs at RV dealers around here saying "Lifetime Warranty" I laugh. One of these days I'll walk in and get the details.

Richeboom

If I recall, the Camping World extended warranty had a list od exclusions in fine print that literally listed everything bumper to bumper.

david-steph2018

i just purchased a 2019 wilderness 2775rb, thinking on getting an extended warranty. the dealership offered one but price was higher than i wanted to pay, i found several customer direct companies that had longer coverage at cheaper prices. one being good sam also eagle vision/ american assurance and also american rv warranty corp/headstart. just wondering if any of you have any thoughts or even experiences with any of these or different warranty companies
Some people will recommend taking the amount of the extended warranty and stash it in a savings account for repairs. Then add a few dollars every month to help if/when needed.

SDKISSNER

We bought an extended warranty on a new 2021 Bigorn Travler 39MB. Having trouble with a slide not opening completely. Evidently extended warranty doesn't cover this particular issue. Get in depth verbiage in writing on what is covered. If you don't understand what is written, get in writing what it means. Only stupid question is question not asked!

Dahillbilly

we purchased one and never had to use it ; should have put the money into something else. Factory warranty covered the issues in the 1st year & just routine maintanance since then.

Just want to say a quick hello. I also have a 2019 2775RB and have used it extensively. Not too many folks out there have this rig so if you have any questions give me a shout. It's a great unit aside from a few quirks. Hope you enjoy!

carl.swoyer

Stay clear of Camping World.
Look into Cornerstone Extended warranty.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

BigFry

We have our warranty from Wholesale Warranties. They have paid us thousands more than we paid for the warranty. That said, we full-time and have had many repairs.

If I recall, the Camping World extended warranty had a list od exclusions in fine print that literally listed everything bumper to bumper.
I'm finding this out. Water leaks have caused structural damage on my 2019 that I purchased brand new. The extended warranty is still good but essentially worthless. I'm trying desperately to find out how to keep things intact, especially the soft floor.

rwdennis

stay away from phoenix american ! filed a claim for almost 2000 dollars , denied , bs reason why they wouldnt pay out , stuff was covered , in my opinion just a scam