After the Rally

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Headed out this morning. I was late for the Biscuits & Gravy. So sad. I was able to snag a bagel and a muffin though.
Once we got into Illinois a little ways we moved away from the Interstate and drove some very nice state highways. We're stopped for a couple nights at "Bo' Woods COE park on Lake Shelbyville near Sullivan, IL. I sure do like that National Parks Senior Pass. $24 for 2 nights with full hookups and 50 amp. What a nice campground.
Next Heartland function is 10/1 in Iowa at Iowa's Amana's. Wine Country that is.:D
Hope everyone has a safe trip home and those going to Louisville have a blast.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We had some pretty serious storms come through Sunday evening. The town of Sullivan, IL a few miles north of us got hit hard with either straight line winds or a microburst. Lots of trees and power lines down. We had a huge branch miss the rear of the rig by about 6 feet. Some smaller pieces hit the sides and roof but no damage. We headed for the concrete shower building when the winds started. More storms Monday afternoon and over night but no wind only heavy rain and lightning.
We passed Cookie on the way north on I-39 around noon today. Stopped at a rest area for a bit and chatted about the storms. We made it home this afternoon.

GETnBYE

Glad you made it home safe. Storms can be so scary. Also, very glad you didn't get any damage from the storm.
Anita