Agenda items and a show of hands

Gary F

If you are interested in attending / participating in this year’s rally, let’s see a show of hands. I called Willow Tree Resort earlier this week and there are only two confirmed reservation.

69 days out from the rally date and I believe we can light a fire under this 3rd annually SE Heartland rally and make it fun for all.

Some agenda items to consider plus this will be an open discussion for modification to it as well.

• Obviously some pot luck lunches and dinners
  • Wine tasting – everyone bring a bottle of their favorite local wine and we can have our own wine tasting, cheese and cracker eating good time.
  • Trailer - on the road maintenance and necessities. Share thoughts on what is needed regarding tools and equipment while traveling.
  • Fellowship with like minded people, need I say more.
  • Utilization of Willow Tree’s amenities. Boating, horseshoes, trailer wash if anyone feels a need to perform this while at the Camp ground.
  • ½ day trip to some of N. Myrtle Beach shopping area’s.
  • Round table discussions on the RV industry relative to fuel costs and effects on the travel industry.
  • Trailer tour. For those interested in showing off their customized interiors and exteriors.
  • Gathering around the camp fire for conversation and relaxation.

These are some ideas to consider for our rally this year. I sincerely invite your input for what may interest you in attending this rally.

For those wanting to attend, please contact Jeanne at Willow Tree Resort (843-756-4334) to make your reservation and advise you’re participating in the Heartland rally.

Post or email me your agenda wish items and I will finalize and post the Official agenda by August 10th

Gary Fowler
gfowler@nc.rr.com

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Gary, Santha and I will make reservations this week. We will be there. We might try to come a couple of days early. Depends on her work schedule.
Randy

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hi Troybilt71,

Becky and I will be there as well. I just left Myrtle Beach this morning (business trip) and stopped in at Willow Tree. We currently have 6 rigs signed up for the weekend. We still have room for the rest of the Heartland RV owners to come down. I spoke with Gary F, our wagon master yesterday. He is planning on publishing an agenda this weekend. We are looking forward to seeing everyone in a just over a week!

If you know any of the other Heartland owners give them a call and let's get them signed up!
Phil

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
PHIL
Are there any problems finding fuel in SC. There are severe shortages here in the Atlanta area. People are following the tankers to the gas stations and then waiting in long lines to pay 4 dollars or more. I just do not want to get stuck on the side of the road. If there is no problem with the fuel Santha and I should be there on thursday afternoon also.
Randy

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
HI Randy,

Fuel is a problem here as well, however, they say it should ease durng the week. I just got home and saw some stations with gas and some that are out. A few did have diesel pumps open while the gas pumps were closed. I believe you will be alright but I would begin looking for fuel before you get too low. My Chevy has a much bigger top on the tank than bottom so I will look for fuel when I hit the 1/2 tank mark. When I was in Myrtle Beach last week, I was able to find fuel. As I understand it, Wilmington, NC has been shipping fuel to some of the other distressed areas. Wilmington is not far north of Mytrle Beach so I think we will be ok.