AGM

VTA_slug

Anyone have an issue switching to 12v deep cycle AGM batteries with the Magnum dimensions pure shine wave inverter?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Best upgrade ever was going from 4 deka 6 volt wet cells to 4 group 31 AGM 12 volt batteries. Charging is faster and I'm using the Magnum ms2812 .

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Micky-D

Any problems with the AGM batteries since you upgraded to them? I have the Magnum pure sine wave inverter too. What about charging the AGM batteries? I have a Progressive Dynamics PD9200 Series power converter with a built-in Charge Wizard. Would that be safe for AGM batteries?

carl.swoyer

Any problems with the AGM batteries since you upgraded to them? I have the Magnum pure sine wave inverter too. What about charging the AGM batteries? I have a Progressive Dynamics PD9200 Series power converter with a built-in Charge Wizard. Would that be safe for AGM batteries?
I unplugged my progressive and left the wires connected to it.
My Magnum ms 2812 has a 125 amp charger built in. It is compatible with the agm batteries. I can also set the the Magnum to the appropriate shore power, 15,20,30,or50 amp.
And by doing that the Magnum will automatically adjust the charge rate. I'm on my 2nd Set of 4 AGMs . Plus I don't deal with remembering to top off the Trojan t-105s with water.

Edit. By leaving the factory installed progressive charger in place, it becomes my standby charger if the Magnum should fail.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Bobby A

Mine is in the basement door side behind the wall, it was on the floor but when Heartland had to replace it years ago I had them mount it on the wall.