Air conditioner acting strange, can it be weather conditions?

bigdob24

Started out that I thought my main air was having problems, and now both airs are not cooling .
Is there something to weather conditions just right and the air conditioner “freezes up”
Its been in the low 70s and rainy today then the outside air temp drops I to the 60s and that’s when the airs started acting up.
Now that both are acting strange not sure it’s a mechanical problem with something broke or not working, I think it has something to do with outside conditions .
Seems I’ve heard this before but never experienced it.
Of coarse I’ll be trying them again tomorrow before making any calls .
Any one heard of this? Or am I just being hopeful.
This RV is just about out of Warrantee and very little use to date.
Ill report bake with findings tomorrow, please share If you have had this happen to you
BT

hoefler

Under those weather conditions you would be iceing up. Running the fan on high helps to prevent it.

bigdob24

I hope that’s all it is .
Only getting to 70 today, will try this afternoon and see if they work
Thanks for the help
BT

bigdob24

Turned my airs on a bit ago and they seem to be ok.
Looked at the amperage draw of each, and with the compressor running they were at 13 amps with the Progressive meter.
I will continue to watch them and I believe they were acting strange do to a “freeze up “ with weather conditions.
BT

wdk450

You know that these air conditioners have a "freeze sensor" clipped into the evaporator (cooling coils) that turns off the cooling compressor when the evaporator gets too cold, to prevent the condensate freezing and clogging the airflow. Running the air conditioning at ambient temperatures below 70 degrees could start activating the freeze sensor.

So, these RV air conditioners don't cool when it is too cold outside (freeze sensor cuts off the compressor), and don't cool when it is too hot outside (compressor overtemperature sensor cuts off the compressor - mine at 115 degrees ambient).