Air Pressure Issue

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Checking air pressure before heading down for S. Texas Rally, found one tire at 60psi . Searched high and low for a nail, etc, but found nothing. Tightened up valve stem and TPMS sender unit. Aired back up to 110psi. Didn't notice any hairline cracks in wheel, but will recheck after I cool off. Very humid in OKC today. Frustrating - crap always occurs at the most inopportune time...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatto5er

Yikes....your TPMS didn't alert you?

Thankfully, we are stationary in an RV park . I was just checking each tire and airing them back up to 110psi when I found this one so low. Oh well, Good Dam Roadside Assistance is dispatching a tire change team. I'd take this one off myself, but can't break the lugs free.

Az_Ernie

We just went through this ourselves. What we found was a 1 inch hairline crack on the backside of the wheel (behind spokes). I used the "Level-up" system to raise the tire off the ground to enable tire rotation. With the wheel being so dirty (10K mile trip), the leak was very difficult to see. When we found it, it appeared to be leaking from a very small pin-hole. After removing, cleaning and re-inflating the tire assembly, we could clearly see a 1 inch hairline crack. We used window cleaner in a spray bottle to initially locate the leak. We installed the spare tire and continued our trip home.

Upon returning home, we called Tredit Tire at (800) 537-2925. They requested we send them pictures and wheel information. After reviewing the pictures we sent, they agreed to send us a replacement wheel at no charge. Hopefully, you'll find something other than a cracked wheel. Good luck!

AZ-Ernie

boatto5er

We just went through this ourselves. What we found was a 1 inch hairline crack on the backside of the wheel (behind spokes). I used the "Level-up" system to raise the tire off the ground to enable tire rotation. With the wheel being so dirty (10K mile trip), the leak was very difficult to see. When we found it, it appeared to be leaking from a very small pin-hole. After removing, cleaning and re-inflating the tire assembly, we could clearly see a 1 inch hairline crack. We used window cleaner in a spray bottle to initially locate the leak. We installed the spare tire and continued our trip home.

Upon returning home, we called Tredit Tire at (800) 537-2925. They requested we send them pictures and wheel information. After reviewing the pictures we sent, they agreed to send us a replacement wheel at no charge. Hopefully, you'll find something other than a cracked wheel. Good luck!

AZ-Ernie

Unfortunately, it is a cracked wheel. We are scheduled to leave on 7 hour trip tomorrow morning so will have to see what Tredit will do later. At Discount Tire right now. They're showing one wheel of right size in stock. But of course, can't locate it. Checking other stores in area.

jbeletti

Thankfully, we are stationary in an RV park . I was just checking each tire and airing them back up to 110psi when I found this one so low. Oh well, Good Dam Roadside Assistance is dispatching a tire change team. I'd take this one off myself, but can't break the lugs free.
Time to ask Santa for a 24 volt Impact Wrench for Christmas :) But.... who wants to get hot, sweaty and dirty changing a tire? I don't. But when roadside assistance says it will be more than an hour, I just do it. Nancy is not happy when I do that - but I got places to go! :)

boatto5er

Only took them 30 minutes to get here, and thanks to hydraulic leveler, got spare mounted in 15 minutes.

Az_Ernie

Unfortunately, it is a cracked wheel. We are scheduled to leave on 7 hour trip tomorrow morning so will have to see what Tredit will do later. At Discount Tire right now. They're showing one wheel of right size in stock. But of course, can't locate it. Checking other stores in area.

Did Discount ever find the wheel they were looking for? If not were you able to find one elsewhere? There must be a "Cracked Wheel" virus going around. We may have infected your rig. We were parked next to you guys at the Red Lodge rally (your door side)! :cool:

esscobra

what size tire rim? 16 or 17" I have a steel 16 spare new- and my friend has a trailer manufacturing/repair center here in san Antonio- he stocks the steel wheels for sure- discount gets them from him

boatto5er

Did Discount ever find the wheel they were looking for? If not were you able to find one elsewhere? There must be a "Cracked Wheel" virus going around. We may have infected your rig. We were parked next to you guys at the Red Lodge rally (your door side)! :cool:

Found a wheel at another Discount Tire here in OKC. Now so have my 3 original wheels and my beautiful steel spare wheel on the road and I have a pretty white wheel as a new spare. Took a long time for the cracked wheel virus to manifest itself!

boatto5er

Time to ask Santa for a 24 volt Impact Wrench for Christmas :) But.... who wants to get hot, sweaty and dirty changing a tire? I don't. But when roadside assistance says it will be more than an hour, I just do it. Nancy is not happy when I do that - but I got places to go! :)

I've got an 18 volt Ryobi. It just wouldn't quite cut it. Think you are right about Santa bringing a new 24volt one (are you listening Keith?).

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have a 24V one I bought from AutoZone. Definitely does the job.

porthole

Retired
I've got an 18 volt Ryobi. It just wouldn't quite cut it. Think you are right about Santa bringing a new 24volt one (are you listening Keith?).

Milwaukee 18 volt Fuel - get it and you'll never look back.

Did you get the date code off the rim?

Odds are not in your favor of only having one cracked rim.
Several years ago both Tredit and Hi-Spec had a manufacturing problem overseas (guess where). I've had had 3 out of 5 develop a crack. Hi-spec replaced all 5 rims.