Airborne Pin Box

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Ok, I usually run my Firestone air bags at about 80 pounds, but my rig is heavier than yours. I know the Landmark rides rougher than the Alfa Gold I used to have. The kingpin on the Landmark sits farther forward than it did in the Alfa. Good luck in fixing you problem.

truknutt

Committed Member
trucknutt, I have no clue what you wrote, but I have called the installer "Camping World" of San Marcos and they are calling Pullrite tomorrow for directions. I am not sure if I have the universal or the removable rails. I will ask. All I know is it was expensive. I got the superrail mount kit #35736 for $409.

Larry,

I was just trying to determine that your hitch was installed in the proper location so as to eliminate that variable in this complex situation.

You answered part of the question yourself...SuperRails are the removable ones. You can take the hitch and the rails out of your truck. You should have 4 plugs to fill in the holes. You now have full use of the Short Bed.

So now we know you should have the SuperRail kit #3343 (PullRite Part Number).

When I configured the SuperGlide for your truck on the Camping World Website this is what came up for the hitch & rails

Super Glide Hitch
Sku: 35727

Super Rail Kit
Sku: 35736

So it appears that the 35736 you refer to is actually Camping World's Stock Keeping Unit (SKU) Number.

Use this link for the SuperRail Install Instructions. Look at the measurements for your truck (page 7, 3rd row of chart "Ford SD 3313 & 3343") to see if they match what Camping World did to your truck.

OR....You can wait for Camping World to figure it out.

Good Luck either way.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
...SuperRails are the removable ones. You can take the hitch and the rails out of your truck. You should have 4 plugs to fill in the holes. You now have full use of the Short Bed.

True, but the hitch weighs hundreds of pounds. OK if you have an engine hoist or a block and tackle to lift it out. Even if you separate it into parts, they are all pretty heavy.

Another thing about the Pullrite (I have one and love it) - there is an adjustment bolt at the rear of the hitch that may have to be adjusted. Not easy to get to the jam nut to loosen and you don't want to overtighten it as it comes up against a plastic block. This should be checked - I've had to adjust mine a few times in the four years that I have had the Pullrite.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Hey Larry........Figured I write here what we talked about so neither of us forgets:p .... Heck prolly forgot half of it myself between the restaraunt and my truck since I hung up the phone LOL,

Good talking to you. I'm on the road and on my way from Louisiana to Nova Scotia so I won't be on the board much the next few days.

Before ya go buying stuff and moving the fifth wheel try some different air pressures in the bags. I run usually 40 - 80 psi depending on what I'm hauling. I have in cab control and guages so I can adjust on the fly until I like the ride.

Increasing the pressure should transfer a little more weight to the steer axle.

What you idealy want is to get the rear of the truck back at the height it is when it's unloaded. This gives more room before the overload springs kick in and slaps you in the back and should be about as close to a factory unloaded ride which ain't bad at all on an F250 Superduty.

Fifth wheel pin and gooseneck ball locations should be 1" - 4" forward of the center of the rear axle depending on manufacturer. 1"-4" is pretty much an industry standard.

Tire pressures I run what is on the door sticker, tried running 80 PSI all the time and got tired of the poor ride and handeling that felt like I was on ice all the time.

I wish you well my friend.None Hollar at me as needed.:D

Mike