AirSafe hitch

ChangingPlaces

Hi
Could someone please help me out. I have a BC 2950RK towed with a truck . We have a Binkley airsafe 20k hitch and would like to know what psi to put in the hitches air bags for normal running. For some reason the coloured indicators have gone. We are leaving on a trip on Friday and would like to have the airbags at the right psi. We currently run on 85psi, is this ok.
Thank you in advance, Paul

ChangingPlaces

Airsafe 20k binkley hitch

Please could someone tell me what psi should I run my hitch at normal running. I have a BC 2950RK. I currently run it at 85psi, is this ok.
I thank you in advance - Paul

Last edited:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Re: Airsafe 20k binkley hitch

Isn't there some sort of Indicator that shows proper inflation level? The psi would be dependent on pin weight.

ChangingPlaces

Hi
Could someone please help me out. I have a BC 2950RK towed with a truck . We have a Binkley airsafe 20k hitch and would like to know what psi to put in the hitches air bags for normal running. For some reason the coloured indicators have gone. We are leaving on a trip on Friday and would like to have the airbags at the right psi. We currently run on 85psi, is this ok.
Thank you in advance, Paul
Hello is it possible to tell people where their threads have been moved to within the owners forum. I logged on tonight to see if anyone has answered my question. To my dissapointment it had been moved. The question is where to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers Paul

ChangingPlaces

Thank you Ray. The indicator does not exist on our shock absorbers. The manual says do not inflate more than 100psi but does,nt give a psi guide to follow by. It only gives certain measurements from the top of the towers., but truck under repair at the moment, so cant' measure at this moment.

rvn4fun

We have a Airsafe and run it at 85 pounds, this puts it right where it should be pulling our Big Country.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Here is a picture I found on the Airlift site. It appears to be a shock absorber with level indicators.

Attachments

• 5th-Wheel-level-lines2.jpg
    5th-Wheel-level-lines2.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 43

Tool958

Here is a picture I found on the Airlift site. It appears to be a shock absorber with level indicators.

Ours look like this picture also. I've never actually measured the poundage we carry in it. I just put air in until the indicator is about 3/4 of the way up the green indicator strip.

WilmanJim

I keep between 80-85psi on ours. We have 3260# pin weight. I found it's better to leave it a little soft than pumped full. For me it travels better. I also found that by setting the air diverter valves in about the center travel works better for our setup. If you close them off too much the air won't divert from front to back bags and back to front as quickly causing more chucking. At least that works for our setup. Been good for over 42,000 miles.

Jim