All in one washer dryer

Routemaster

Was there a owner here on this forum that had a Bighorn and installed a all in one. Our Splendid washer is playing up again those boards are spendy.

GE - 2.3 Cu. Ft. Top Load Washer and 4.4 Cu. Ft. Gas Dryer Laundry Center - White​

Model:GUD24GSSMWW

Routemaster

My wife liked the idea of the top loader just like the old days but now after doing the research they say the new ones are not as good the old ones.
The pocket where we would place it has enough room with a little work with moving the drain pipe snug against the wall and a gas line installed.
Apart from that after taking the Splendide out for the third time in as many years. Checking measurements as one would do in the pocket see what I found not happy at all It is looking like the out side wall runs at a taper further out as the wall goes up and this with my tool makers 1"gauge block this is only over 72" surely this was not past by QC. Why the washer closet door would not close without slamming no wonder why. This coach is a total nightmare from start to finish. ASP build.

Attachments

• 1 inch guage block at the top.JPG
    1 inch guage block at the top.JPG
    695.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 32 inch at the top from the outside wall.JPG
    32 inch at the top from the outside wall.JPG
    887.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 32inch from wall bottom.JPG
    32inch from wall bottom.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • gap at bottom.JPG
    gap at bottom.JPG
    857.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Gap at top.JPG
    Gap at top.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Routemaster

As a toolmaker we all ways had a QC department which is "quality control" when in England and worked on parts they were checked and recorded.