another hot water tank question

Bobby A

Didn't think I could manuvor that big a** socket around that tube !! I don't like messing with gas lines though, anything I should be aware of ?? those pics sure do come in handy thanks Jim

Thanks

Last edited:

Bobby A

I'm in the process of changing out the heating element, I notice that the OEM element I took out is longer than the new one that General RV sold me. They both say 120V 1440W so my gut is telling me its o.k to install but I wanna check with you guys first. Please reply asap, I got everything apart and power off. I will be standing by. Thanks very much

Bobby

wdk450

Gang:
Another measurement to take is resistance of either power terminal to the heater element jacket/screw fitting (ground). I have seen heating elements on medical devices fail this way and either blow the breaker or trip the associated GFI protector. This resistance should ideally be infinite ohms (open circuit).

Bobby A

UPDATE !!

Read thread titled urgent question on water heater element post #14 as to the final problem and what the repair and description of the part. Thank you everyone for helping me try to get this resolved.

Link to post #14.

Last edited by a moderator: