ANSWERED: Does Thor own Heartland?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I don't think you will find anyone saying this is a bad deal. Although a very good friend of mine told me not to buy a Thor product because they wouldn't hold up. I don't know if Heartland is strongly influnced by Thor, but we will never know. I genuinely hope that Heartland works hard to keep the QC to a higher standard than others. I really hate to see posts with all the small things happening that should not be for they have had a number of years to eliminate these type of problems. I always want to say I am proud to be a Heartland Owner...

Respectfully
BC

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have it on good authority that Thor is hands-off when it comes to decisions about the Heartland product. Thor's involvement just gives them more purchasing leverage and strategic partners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tumble Weed

I'M not trying to be negative. Just wanting to make a good decision about buying a brand new RV.
3370RK is such a great floor plan. We have a NUWA product but the floor plan not great for full timing.
Counter space makes it funner to cook, but in ours it's hard not having lots of counter space.
The bathroom in 3370 RK is the best bathroom I have ever seen in any 5th wheel.
So just love this floor plan.

Thanks every one your great!

Just when I'm ready to order a Big Country I learn they are connected to Thor. Thanks alot. I think it might be time to start over on my search. I found BC to be head and shoulders above the competition in the price range.

jimtoo

HI KnightsWatch,

Thor may own controlling interest, but so far as we can tell on the users end and drift from above they are not making any changes to production or personnel that affect the quality or build of the Heartland line of rv's. Hopefully they will continue to keep their hands off and as long as Heartland makes them money... why should they change anything.

Jim M

jbeletti

Just when I'm ready to order a Big Country I learn they are connected to Thor. Thanks alot. I think it might be time to start over on my search. I found BC to be head and shoulders above the competition in the price range.

You owe yourself to give Big Country and good look. It's an amazing coach. Don't cross it off the list because Heartland is held buy Thor.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have owned 3 Heartland products with 2 being Big Countrys. The first BC we had for over 5 years before upgrading to a larger BC. We have been in our current coach for over 2 years and haven't had a any major problems.

guyc66

My previous fifthwheel was a 34KS Fifth Avenue by Thor/Dutchmen (2000 model year). I purchased it new in January 2001 and full-timed in it for 10+ years with only a few minor problems that were not related to the factory (i.e., Norcold fridge cooling unit went out in '06, etc.) I know Thor has probably earned some of their reputation, but from my personal experience I can't beat them up. In fact, if my 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon holds up as well as my last 5er I will be extremely happy!

Thanks for the reassurance guys. I wasn't totally serious about avoiding BC now. I was just venting frustration at having spent so much time finding what I think will be the best fit for us in the BC and then learning they have become associated with Thor. I notice they don't brag about that on their web site.

We love our Big Country.
Like anything else that bounces down the road, you can expect a few problems.
The problems we've had with ours were quickly and friendly taken care of by Heartland or the dealer.
I have called Heartland on a couple of issues that I figured I would have to pay for (my rig is out of warranty), only to find there were some supplier problems when the coach was built and Heartland paid the bill.
Heartland could have kept quite and I never would have known the difference.
I have great respect for Heartland and their employees.
Nice folks to do business with.
I also have a wonderful dealer.
I would buy another Big Country.

Hockster
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jbeletti

Sorry I spilled the beans about Thor...
Darn now I can't go to any rally's:(.

No worries Tumbleweed. There were no spilling of beans here. We announced this right away, here on this forum when the sale took place and have been up front with it since then. You are just now finding out.

And you are welcome to join us at Heartland Chapter Rallies with whatever brand rig you have now. We'd love to give you the chance to check out Heartland owners and their rigs first-hand.

Kindly look at the Events list to see where you can catch up with us at a Chapter rally soon!

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
All I can say is that when I purchased my 2010 Landmark, Heartland was not owned by Thor. Now that I've been in my new 2014 Landmark (a "Thor" owned product) for all of 3 weeks, I can not find anything different about the quality of this new Landmark. As with all new rigs there are minor issues but I have alway found Heartland more than willing to step up to the plate to make things right. Pre-Thor or Post-Thor makes no difference, You Can't Beat A Heartland for a top of the line camper. Not only would I buy a Heartland again, -- I just did!!

My only issues were with the dealer this time, certainly not the manufacturer.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
All I can say is that when I purchased my 2010 Landmark, Heartland was not owned by Thor. Now that I've been in my new 2014 Landmark (a "Thor" owned product) for all of 3 weeks, I can not find anything different about the quality of this new Landmark. As with all new rigs there are minor issues but I have alway found Heartland more than willing to step up to the plate to make things right. Pre-Thor or Post-Thor makes no difference, You Can't Beat A Heartland for a top of the line camper. Not only would I buy a Heartland again, -- I just did!!

My only issues were with the dealer this time, certainly not the manufacturer.

Same here Keith. Zero problems with with my Thor. :)

BTW, glad to hear you got your new one . Well, I am happy that Carol got it...