Any Heartland sightings? A lot of water under that bridge

timk

Its funny now, thinking back. We've had our Bighorn now for about 10 years now, way before you could get one at any Circle K. We were heading up interstate 5 north of LA somewhere, and in the south bound lane, we spotted a Bighorn, they spotted us, and we both waved. It gave me goosebumps.

Anyway, its been a while since I was here. Jim suggested that I squash the rumors of my demise, so here it is.

We're alive in Tucson.
Very near retired.
Three years full-timing in the Bighorn, ten years of ownership, probably some 75000 miles, in the same Bighorn, that by the way, has never been back to any dealer or factory for anything.
Doing a kitchen remodel, with all new appliances.
Getting ready for the big spring trip, to places we've never seen before.

Last edited:

jimtoo

Welcome back to the forum timk. It has been a while since you posted anything. So,, again Welcome Back.

And yes,,, even thou you have traveled probably 75,000 miles,,, there are still lots of wonderful places to visit in this great country. So enjoy your travels.

Keep us up to date on your mods or remodel.

Jim M

jbeletti

Hi Tim,

Great to see you back on the forum! Your "tent-in-a-vent" mod is legendary here - thank you for it!

We'd sure love to see you one of these days. Consider making an appearance as an attendee at an upcoming Heartland rally. Just click on the events link at the top of any forum page and choose one that works for you.

I'll be at the CO rally this Sept, followed by the AZ rally and then onto Las Vegas for the national rally. Hope to see you down the road and don't be a stranger, old forum friend.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I saw a Bighorn heading south on I-25 tonight in downtown Denver being pulled by a black or dark blue Dodge Ram.

I've seen several other Heartlands on I-25 in Denver the past few days.

timk

Thanks guys for the kind words. You never know, might be seeing me somewhere down the road.

8amps

Tent-in-a-vent? Can you please expound upon that? (You know, because we're so handy and ready to take on more mods :rolleyes:)