Any ideas on finding campsites without reservations?

mlpeloquin

Re: Finding campsites without making rseverations

Miles per day ranges from 240 to 320. Made only one mistake this trip and had to drive 460 miles. Could have stopped, but the temperatures were dropping in Amanrillo (40F), Albuquerque (31F), and had to avoid Flagstaff (18F). We actually stayed in Cottenwood, AZ instead. We drive for a place we want to visit, but rest for two days after five days of driving. Not many of those. Some of the distances are out of the way places which do not have many RV parks around. So planing and reservations are necessary. We also adjust our stay watching the weather. If one can avoid hail and tornado weather, the better. We changed directions and stayed at an park nested one mile into a canyon nested against the Appalachian mountains as Michael went over. It only took me two days using Goodsam RV map search, KOA park book, Passport America, and Thousand Trailes to set up the spread sheet as a guide.

avvidclif

If we have a specific place to be at a certain time we make reservations at that place. Otherwise we just wing it. Too many years of being on someone else's schedule made me that way. Our rv is completely self contained and truck stops, rest areas, city parks, state parks, and COE are everywhere. The last couple of years has been hectic and didn't allow a lot of RV'ing but that is behind us now. Looking forward to being on our own, wherever.

carl.swoyer

If we have a specific place to be at a certain time we make reservations at that place. Otherwise we just wing it. Too many years of being on someone else's schedule made me that way. Our rv is completely self contained and truck stops, rest areas, city parks, state parks, and COE are everywhere. The last couple of years has been hectic and didn't allow a lot of RV'ing but that is behind us now. Looking forward to being on our own, wherever.
Avvidclif!
I'm with you. Self contained, unless it's too hot or we need a good dump and flush we, truck stop, Wally world roadside rest and so on and so on.
I hat plans.lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BLR

Agree..WE never make committments..
We stop and go on our schedule..
The definition of Fully Self Contained..
No RV parks for us..
Acres to ourselves..NO Neighbors
8fea1c8fbcb369c6b7eec0ac75ef2822.jpg

Sent from BLR Logistics

avvidclif

It's not about the destination, it's about the journey.

Borrowed from Harley Davidson. That's been a saying for over 20 years and that's why we don't make plans, just go.

I'll be there when I get there, wherever there is!

kowAlski631

We've been saying that longer than 20 years - we were boaters before we became RVers and that was our mantra then .Perhaps Harley borrowed from us.

LBR

We've been saying that longer than 20 years - we were boaters before we became RVers and that was our mantra then .Perhaps Harley borrowed from us.
Lovelovelove this saying...I even added my own twist that fits well ...

It not the destination, it's the journey...
The destination of life is death
The journey of life is life
Enjoy the journey

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

Here’s our camp sign...
8ea1fcce5ff33fd7844b98395f570f8f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chippendale

Lovelovelove this saying...I even added my own twist that fits well ...

It not the destination, it's the journey...
The destination of life is death
The journey of life is life
Enjoy the journey

Wow, what a neat saying, and so true. I am glad I don't see a copyright symbol close to it.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

Shortest Straw , we used to travel the same way and eventually realized we cleared a lot of territory and didn't see as much.
So for for the most part were looking at 150 to 180 and happy hour by four.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You have a good point and we realize that too. We only stay at the same place twice where our kids live. Otherwise we stay where we passed through the last time. It makes it easier that our kids haven't moved in awhile.