Any Recommendations around Cleveland, OH?

johnpsz

I found a few older posts about a good Camp Ground/RV Park near Cleveland but none had follow-ups with the choices and how they turned out. In our cross country adventures this coming October I will be spending 4 nights somewhere near Cleveland so that I can visit the Cleveland office and attend a few meetings. We will have the kids with us so I am looking for a park that would be kid friendly and safe for the family while I'm in the office. The office is actually South of Downtown between Independence and Parma (close to the 480 and 77 interchange) and my wife has a sorority sister who lives in the Chagrin Falls area that she can visit with while I'm at work, so anywhere within a short trip (30-40 minutes) to either place would be good if possible. The google reviews of some of the places in Streetsboro aren't that great, what are the thoughts of people who might have stayed in that area?

Thanks,
John P.

ILH

I stayed at the Streetsville Cleveland SE KOA about 2 years ago. We were in Cleveland to visit the Rock and Roll museum. The campground was quite nice. I'd stay there again.

jbeletti

We also stay at the Cleveland/Streetboro KOA when in or passing through Cleveland.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
X2 for Streetsboro KOA. Stayed there about 4 nights in 2013 after the National Rally in Goshen, to see the sites. Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, National Football Hall of Fame in Canton, etc.

We ate at the Brown Derby, not too far from there. Very good food!!

Good laundry facilities and store (the sell ice cream cones!). They recently renovated their pool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary521

There is a nice park in Grafton, OH called American Wilderness. Rural on a small lake.

wino2

Johnpsz,
I grew up in the Cleveland area and still have family there. The KOA in Streetboro is a nice park and family friendly. There is also a lot to do and see. If you would like to PM me I will be glad to answer any questions.

johnpsz

Thanks for the feedback, just from the reviews and location it looks like I'm leaning towards the KOA. I've been to Cleveland a dozen times this year for work, but this time I'm stopping in for work while going cross country in the 5er.