Anybody using Etrailers AMP style step on TV?

MP_CS

Im having a hard time reaching my hitch lock and am looking into getting one of those foldable steps to put on the drivers side of my Seirra. I was all set to buy an amp brand step but while looking on etrailers website i see they dont sell them. They do sell another that i actually like better, https://www.etrailer.com/Nerf-Bars-...a+2500/2015/B7540015.html?vehicleid=201521833, anyone out there using it. Its not much cheaper than an Amp brand so I'm still open to either. I would rather get from etrailer as I've always had great luck with them. Thanks

Power247

I have the Bestop retractable bumper step on my Ram and totally love it. Makes getting into the bed so much easier. I too was on the fence between this one and the Amp. Would definitely choose the Bestop version again.
290dabb13ccf4fc4dcd0155d07faa78f.jpg

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

MP_CS

Awesome thanks! I need the one that goes just in front of the rear tire but I'm guessing its the same step just different mounting brackets.

Gaffer

I use this, it fits between the in-bed tool box and the side wall. Handy and stays put in the carwash.

13430ffb-1a69-44a3-8751-794e96eeab84_1.037f79abf70801e2830c84d0673a169c.jpeg

MP_CS

I just ordered the step from etrailer. Guess I'll find out first hand how its going to be, lol.

Oregon_Camper

I have the Amp Bedstep on my current F-350 and my prior F-350. Love them! So easy to operated...just flip down with front of shoe..and step up.

Here is a picture of what mine looks like..this is not mine...just an image I found online.

amp-research-bedstep.jpg

MP_CS

I have the Amp Bedstep on my current F-350 and my prior F-350. Love them! So easy to operated...just flip down with front of shoe..and step up.

Here is a picture of what mine looks like..this is not mine...just an image I found online.

Thats exactly what i orderrd. After watching some YouTube vids and reading some reviews i opted for the bestop step instead of Amp but both were very similar.

Oregon_Camper

Thats exactly what i orderrd. After watching some YouTube vids and reading some reviews i opted for the bestop step instead of Amp but both were very similar.

You're going to love it. :)

If you don't have a headlamp...get one!!!

I STRUGGLED and I mean STRUGGLED!! installing my first one without a wearable headlamp. You just can't get a spot light to light up the area well enough and seeing where all the bolts, washers, nuts go is really helpful. :cool:

The second time I installed the Amp step, I had the headlamp below and OMG it was night and day difference. Yea, you look kinda silly wearing it, but I don't care. :p

Link to Amazon

718BdcnhgXL._SL1000_.jpg

Power247

Awesome thanks! I need the one that goes just in front of the rear tire but I'm guessing its the same step just different mounting brackets.
I'm sure the actual articulating arm and pad are the same. I have been really pleased with it so far. If I had a tool box I'd definitely get one that mounted to the bedside.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

MP_CS

I'm using the AMP step. It works great, however I didn't like how far forward there mounting location was. So I made my own bracket to move it back 10" closer to the rear tires. BIG DIFFERENCE !!!
I'll try to find the link.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?p=534012
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Awesome job! I love tinkering on stuff like that, unfortunately my 8 month old baby girl has me doing other things these days, haha ☺️. Cant wait until i can get some more shop time to do them again.

NYSUPstater

Being vertically challenged with the '15 compared to our old '03, I too cannot reach the hitch and all. I asked somewhere about a step and was told about a foldable step that goes over the tire thru Amazon. Looked it up and ordered it ( think it was like 30-40 bucks). Works good and just toss inside box by hitch when done.

SLO

8ca13241d5dffa0af7acc1f45a3299ee.jpg

I have the Amp for the side of the bed and the tailgate. They work fantastic. If something else had been available when I bought the Amp I would have considered it. But you can't go wrong with the Amp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MP_CS

I have the Amp for the side of the bed and the tailgate. They work fantastic. If something else had been available when I bought the Amp I would have considered it. But you can't go wrong with the Amp.

Luckily GM engineering hit a homerun with the bumper steps in the newer trucks or I'd be buying the tailgate step also. Im 5'11" and with these new big trucks i cant even reach in the back! You'd think things like retractable steps would come standard on 3/4 ton and bigger trucks. If this etrailer step ends up working good I'm going to get one for the pass side also so i can reach my firewood that i keep in between the hitch and cab.

NYSUPstater

8ca13241d5dffa0af7acc1f45a3299ee.jpg

Do you have to lube anything often for those that maybe considering it and live in areas where salt is used during the winter for de-icing roads?

SLO

I've never lubed them in 5+ years. I live on the central coast of California though. They still work like new.